Unlimited Run DL-44 blaster acrylic stand OPEN for order

Re: Gauging Interest for Han Solo DL-44 blaster acrylic stand

Not certain yet..I'll know that once its tested..as it is now I dont think it can faller over, I have the supports made to cradle it, but if theyre not tall enough I'll correct it.

Thought i might try to throw out some helpful info.

First of all, here is a shot of all my DL-44s.

Top to bottom:
MR Solo ANH Hero LE Denix body
Fan made Solo "Greedo Killer" Denix body
Fan made Luke ESB Denix body
MR Luke ESB fabricated body copied from an MGC

IMG_1557.JPG

It is also important to point out that a Hero has a bull Barrel while the GK has a standard barrel.
IMG_1567.JPGIMG_1568.JPG

Another thing...

Because the scopes are mounted on the side, the blaster tends to lean to one side. This is a problem with the MR hero but they fixed it by adding a small support for the lanyard area to rest in and keep the gun upright.

IMG_1561.jpgIMG_1562.JPGIMG_1563.JPGIMG_1564.JPG

This support on the MR stand is .25" but as mentioned above, that particle blaster is not based on a Denix. The lanyard area on a Denix is almost .3" wide.

Here is a picture showing the grill clearance needed for the Hero and GK:
IMG_1559.JPGIMG_1558.jpg

An image to illustrate the difference in size between the ESB blaster and GK blaster:
IMG_1565.jpg

And here is the GK in the Hero stand. Notice how the muzzle dips, this is because the GK has a regular barrel and not a bull barrel. Therefore the cut out area in the front bracket does not need to be as deep.
IMG_1566.JPG

Last edited:

hey thanks for the info..it does look like the Luke blasters are a good deal smaller than Hans . I was thinking of getting some of DoopyDoos blasters to measure from and use as display samples. any idea if they are close enough to the real thing as far as dimensions?

Country Paul would probably be a good person to ask. He done a lot of doopydoo kits and is now working with Denix.

BTW: if you make a little handle support like the one i pictured on my ESB Luke display, i would like to buy that piece by itself so I can add it to my ANH Hero case.

..it does look like the Luke blasters are a good deal smaller than Hans..

Just to be clear, Han's The Empire Strikes Back blaster is the same as Luke's, I just don't have one. Han just has a few extra greebles on the side. I also don;t have Han's ROTJ Blaster either.

Yes a little handle support like the one pictured on the ESB Luke display would do it :)

thanks MJF..I sent him a message.

If the main supports are tall enough around the sides wouldnt that suffice to keep it from tilting? Id rather not make that part if I dont have to.

Yes, I think if you did that with the rear support, it might help, However don't you think that would be distracting? Wouldn't you want to not block the item on display as much as possible?

I might try to locate some sort of small clear acrylic piece that I can put on the left side of the lanyard. I'm thinking that even though it is nice to rest in a groove, it simply needs something stable to keep from tilting.

What good for gluing acrylic to a glass mirror?

Its already going to be there..might as well make it work instead of adding something on the mirror that looks chunky..I think its more distracting than the supports.
hmm..cant think of anything that would glue that to glass..not sure if CA would work or not.perhaps epoxy?

If you also could use some extra ideas for the stand support, here is an excellent photo gallery that shows many good pics of Master Replica's Elite Edition, with its stand as well: http://www.tested.com/art/makers/452189-han-solos-dl-44-prop-replica-photo-gallery/

They got theirs to stand upright and straight fairly easily, despite the scope mounted on the side, though replicating the approximate size and shape of the supporting chalks that hold up the blaster. Please also keep in mind that they also has a third little chalk that the gun's lanyard hole at the bottom of the handle fit in as well. This also would contribute to the stability, I think.

Hope this helps! (Still interested in one, MAYBE two, pending on price and final design.)

Looks great! Yes, the Master Repilca stand has a small holder that fits the lanyard loop for added stability. Not sure if it's needed on yours but a good idea.

Interested! put me on the list..I'm sure it will look awesome!

Interested depending upon final design and whether or not covers are going to be offered.

I looked at my MR blasters. The MR ESB Luke and ESB Han blasters both have the third acrylic piece that holds the bottom of the grip in place, and they sit nice and straight. My MR Han limited edition does not have the piece and it lists to the right side (the side with the scope). My MR stormtrooper blaster does not have a piece securing the grip and it lists to the left side (the side with the magazine).

I will most likely add that piece if I cant find a better solution. The covers though ,dont look for them anytime soon. Ive only made a few cases so far, and I need more practice ..they not easy to get perfect ,so I wont offer them yet.
While Im in limbo with this stand, waiting to hear back from the tester..heres a sample of an option some may like. Gold is the only color Ive tried so far
100_0762.JPG

The gold print looks very nice but it's in the spot where a plaque would be displayed. Could the print be placed in different area?

yes, thats ones for the BSG ship..but I could do something on the end of the stand like a rebel logo,Star Wars,Han Solo..Peter

If anyone has one of DoopyDoos Greedo killer kits (prefer unbuilt) you want to get rid of , Id swap 2 stands for it. It doesnt have to be 2 of these, it can be any of the stands we offer.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back