DL-44 ANH Hero Scope and Mount dimensions?

UCLAJediMaster

Hi, I know the scope was a HW, but I can't for the life of me find any specific dimensions. I have access to a machine shop and I may mill my own but I can't find the dimensions.

Also, does anyone know the specific dimensions of the mount and what type of mounting rings are most accurate?

I am sure these are basic questions, BUT I have tried for the last few days to find this info and I am striking out.

Thank you!

Check out Wizardofflight's blueprints.
The scope mount (he measured one of Master Replicas'? ) is not too accurate though - it should not be centred and the crossbar should be thicker (1/4").

The scope mount has never been identified, so nobody has accurate dimensions. The DEC kit has come very very near though.

The left and right knobs look like regular 1/4"-20 thumbnuts that are standard for mounting cameras on tripods.
It should be possible to find some ready-made ones that match the screen-used knobs pretty much.

The best reference images of the blaster are found in the long research thread.

Check out Wizardofflight's blueprints.
The scope mount (he measured one of Master Replicas'? ) is not too accurate though - it should not be centred and the crossbar should be thicker (1/4").

The scope mount has never been identified, so nobody has accurate dimensions. The DEC kit has come very very near though.

The left and right knobs look like regular 1/4"-20 thumbnuts that are standard for mounting cameras on tripods.
It should be possible to find some ready-made ones that match the screen-used knobs pretty much.

The best reference images of the blaster are found in the long research thread.

Thank you for the info! I've printed out the blue prints.

Question regarding crossbar and dovetail thickness. Crossbar is 1/4", how thick is dovetail? What is the overlap? Basically, how thick the whole mount assembly? How thick is the center nut?

Is it inappropriate to ask if someone can measure DEC's mount? Doesn't feel right to ask for measurements he has clearly worked so hard on.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back