DL-44 ANH Blaster scope mount thumb nut bolt placement dimensions , measurements , location ???

MikeHoncho

I know that the measurements have been posted on the RPF many times but I cannot find them anywhere in here or even online . I am building a live fire DL-44 ANH from a real C96 Mauser and don't want to guesstimate where the scope mount thumb nut bolts need to be welded , soldered , drilled , or tapped ECT . And does anyone know who sells the best prop accurate replacement wooden handle grips ? Any help would be much appreciated I'm in a stand still without them .

Many people have Denix or MGC mausers and the measurements of these are different from those of the real Mauser.

Most people use ANH reference images to mount the threaded rod. In my view the mount sits half way between the rear cut outs and flush to the edge of the Mauser. See reference photo below.

Attachments

• 1EFE3D51-8DA3-4D4D-956E-EF22CFC78A16.jpeg
    1EFE3D51-8DA3-4D4D-956E-EF22CFC78A16.jpeg
    915.2 KB · Views: 72
  • ACE94298-C81F-4246-8C53-B092A11C07BA.jpeg
    ACE94298-C81F-4246-8C53-B092A11C07BA.jpeg
    84.8 KB · Views: 76
I got something for you, give me a bit to dig it out, but I did this staring at pictures myself and I think we have 2 or 3 ways to cross reference.

We can safely assume the welded mounts were included in the mold made of the hero gun proper. This may help placement of those.
Stunt1.jpg
esbstuntbroken.jpg
DSC_5716.JPG
55835-han_solo_blastech_dl-44_pistol_1.jpg

As for the bar, and its holes, these may be of help.

ColorPromo3.jpeg
hero right.jpg
ChroniclesHighResDL44.jpeg

AS FAR AS I KNOW THESE ARE ALL PUBLIC PHOTOS, I'LL TAKE ANYTHING DOWN IF REQUESTED

Sigh, anyway, as always in this hobby there is some decent guesswork and eye-balling - personally I have gotten more accurate results by comparing distances to known parts in a photo that are on the same plane than by trying to measure

I agree with the comparing distances from different multiple accurate prop photos. I guess I'm just surprised that there isn't a exact blueprint of every blaster made with exact dimensions and measurements for free or for sale seeing how these blasters specs have been hunted down by any means and all ways possible for years .

Many of us in this hobby enjoy making these replicas ourselves. In doing so for others, it takes time and labor… though hobby replica makers and people who want a finished product for free or for a few are different crowds of people. It’s a complicated topic

Sometimes a handmade part with it's small irregular scratches and sligh wonkieness is even more akkurate than a mass produced.

This scopemount is such a thing, also the GK one. They were handmade oneoffs for filming, not made on a cnc in dozens. So, as long as the parts are made with good measurements, they are even closer to the original than bought items.

Sure, one need to have some basic tools and beeing able and willing to spend some time and sweat. I have lathe, mill, several drillpresses in all sizes and other machines ........but some stuff i still prefer handmade mith saw and files.

And sometimes i'm just lazy and order parts from Chris and other great craftmen. :love:

I know that the measurements have been posted on the RPF many times but I cannot find them anywhere in here or even online . I am building a live fire DL-44 ANH from a real C96 Mauser and don't want to guesstimate where the scope mount thumb nut bolts need to be welded , soldered , drilled , or tapped ECT . And does anyone know who sells the best prop accurate replacement wooden handle grips ? Any help would be much appreciated I'm in a stand still without them .
I'm in the same boat as you. I finally said screw it and dove in, but now I believe I put the holes too low.

I found this incomplete parts Mauser off of GB for cheap because it suffered heavy rust pitting around the grip and grip frame. Probably not safe to fire, which was fine for me since I wasn't going the live fire route. (The wood grip and hammer are also incorrect, but I'm working bit by bit to get it right.)

However, as you can see it isn't the same variant, since the lower "cut out" isn't as squared off as the prop weapons. Not a Mauser expert, but I assume that means it's a commercial variant or later vintage or something.

But I clearly placed my holes too low when I drilled them. When the scope mount is on, the bottom of the cross bar is right at the top of the trigger well. You can grip it ok, but if you "cinch" up to where the grip is really comfortable, the cross bar cuts in to your index/trigger finger a little bit. Worse the scope LOOKS about 1/8 - 1/4 inch low and possibly a wee bit forward. Although the front of the bar actually does line up flush with the front of the gun. In the pic it doesn't look that way, but it is.

All that to say measure like 15 times and drill once. Don't do what I did...Now I have to figure out how to fix it...

With Scope Mount.jpg
Without Scope Mount.jpg

IMG-3763.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back