DL-21 Blaster (Ponda Baba)

Clutch

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Anyone have a higher rez version of this image?

Blaster_pistol_btm.jpg

Last edited:
Re: DL-21 Blaster

Well at least for the main part. Its an AR-7. Hope that helps a little.

EDIT:
IMG_2607.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks. It illustrates that the markings on the original are further forward than all the others I have seen. I believe the original is an Armalite.

It's an Armalite.
The scope is a 4x15 with the eyepiece of a Weaver 29S stuck on the end.
Both scopes come in several variations so you have to find the right one (they're both pretty common).

That stepped eyepiece is the killer for me. All the ones I've seen look like the typical Tasco, ASI, etc...

That stepped eyepiece is the killer for me. All the ones I've seen look like the typical Tasco, ASI, etc...

Crosman is the most common branding of this scope that I've seen. There are a couple others, but I don't remember them offhand.
I haven't found the correct branding yet. The Crosman markings don't match, but it's identical in dimensions.
There are a ton of Crosman variations over the years. This is just one of them.

Thanks Chris. You are correct, Bowelrock. It is a British 2" mortar fin. I'm also guessing the barrel here is not the stock AR-7 barrel.

That´s a beauty!!!!!

Once you send me your shipping adress, the scope mount and grip will be on their way to you! :)

Markus

Now I'm wondering. Was the barrel custom or was an original cut down? It doesn't seem that obvious to me because the first pic in the thread looks like it is aluminum. The barrel in the pic below looks more like the original rifle barrel. However it has a bare metal look.

pondab.png

Does anyone offer castings of the AR-7 or even a whole Ponda Baba blaster? I'm working on a Ponda costume and I'm now approaching when I'll need to make the blaster. Any help is appreciated!

M

Last edited:
HUH.....what does that mean buddy!?
Didn´t I send you the mount and grip ....two years ago :lol ?

I LOVE my PB blaster and the AR7 based Hoth rebel trooper blaster pistol!!!

Markus

- - - Updated - - -

just tell the mods to move this thread.

MonCals landspeeder was stuck in the general modelling forum as well before the moved it where it belongs ;)

Markus

Just a cursed project. First guy I wanted to do a barrel said he was too busy to make it. Second guy wanted more than the entire project cost. Third guy still has the parts and is working on replicating the mount in aluminum. I still need the scope ring but haven't been looking since I can't use it now anyway. You still want that stock?

First of all, welcome to the SW forum ;) THANKS mods for moving this thread!

I´d recommend to ask Scottjua reg. the barrel and mount. He seems to be talented at the mill/ lathe and is a blaster guy, just like me :D
Alternatively I could hook you up with a resin scope-rail.

PLEASE let me know if you find the correct scope-ring, which has not been identified as of yet.
The original doesn´t have any markings etc. so the maker is unknown...surely a rare-as-hell early japanese item :lol

The stock?...generally yes. I´d have to ask a friend of mine, who was planning to build a James Bond sniper rifle with it.
PM me your price and I´ll let you know...

Markus

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back