DL -18 Skiff Blaster parts help

KROENEN

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hallo, I recently aquired the RO 72 Air gun as a base for the DL-18 Skiff Blaster. Do you have any info on the real parts used or where I can get the missing parts? Thanks in advance.
IMG_20210706_175956.jpg

Love this blaster! Congrats on the RO72. :) To my knowledge there are only a couple original parts that have been found. The rear end of the scope is an Emerson or Fada knob from an old radio. Search "bakelite knob" etc on eBay, they're not too hard to find (and in various colors!). I think the scope is based on some kind of electronics probe, but it hasn't been identified (and I've SEARCHED). The plates on the sides have a half of a bomb from a Revell 1/32 F4 Phantom, and the classic "motor coil" greeblie from the Revell Visible V-8 that's all over a bunch of blasters. That's all I've got, but I can add that the rear site on the RO72 is on the ROTJ E-11s. :) The thingie on the flipped front scope at the end of the barrel, I think it's a marker cap, or maybe a wire nut. Haven't found a match.

Correllian Exports did a run of side plates and scopes, I think Vince still has some. I'm currently working on one of these and have modeled all of the greeblies and scope for resin printing. I can help with parts if you like, just PM me. Here's mine with 3d printed greeblies and scope. Everything's just laying on there so not quite in the right spot. It's a real radio knob, and the plates are CE, I filed the shapes a bit to be more accurate).

IMG_5165.JPG

IMG_5164.JPG

Hi Pedro,
Would you be able to sell 2 missiles and marker cap? I need one for my build also.

Thanks!

Love this blaster! Congrats on the RO72. :) To my knowledge there are only a couple original parts that have been found. The rear end of the scope is an Emerson or Fada knob from an old radio. Search "bakelite knob" etc on eBay, they're not too hard to find (and in various colors!). I think the scope is based on some kind of electronics probe, but it hasn't been identified (and I've SEARCHED). The plates on the sides have a half of a bomb from a Revell 1/32 F4 Phantom, and the classic "motor coil" greeblie from the Revell Visible V-8 that's all over a bunch of blasters. That's all I've got, but I can add that the rear site on the RO72 is on the ROTJ E-11s. :) The thingie on the flipped front scope at the end of the barrel, I think it's a marker cap, or maybe a wire nut. Haven't found a match.

Correllian Exports did a run of side plates and scopes, I think Vince still has some. I'm currently working on one of these and have modeled all of the greeblies and scope for resin printing. I can help with parts if you like, just PM me. Here's mine with 3d printed greeblies and scope. Everything's just laying on there so not quite in the right spot. It's a real radio knob, and the plates are CE, I filed the shapes a bit to be more accurate).

View attachment 1476079

View attachment 1476080

The thingie on the flipped front scope at the end of the barrel, I think it's a marker cap, or maybe a wire nut. Haven't found a match.
Are there any pictures that show the front of that "marker cap", if it's closed? If not it might be the housing of a 7,5 mm jack plug. I found something similar:
jack.JPG

Unfortunately this doesn't really narrow down the search, quite the contrary.

The round thing is a rubber bumper I'm pretty sure.

I'd love any hints searching for that front piece - here we go!

Great find OP, can't wait to see how your build goes. I carved my sideplates from scratch... a lot of time went into it. Check out my threads I've posted its in there somewhere

My favorite thing is that the two bumps holding up the scope platform are part of the gun. Though, there are screws running all the way up through the scope body, cut and sanded flush

Trying to find a good place to get a cap for the front upside scope part. Anyone have a good source?

thank you teecrooz :) yes, Phil, I am working on a full and accurate kit for the blaster. aluminium side plates, aluminium RO72 back cap if needed for accuracy of the brown RO72, black delrin scope rail to be accurate to the original part, all greeblies (accurate Bulgin scope button, motor coil plates, phantom missiles) cast from original except the front "not a marker cap" that I modeled from great references, printed in resin and polished for an accurate plastic look :) coming soon! cheers
IMG_20240103_175018.jpg

IMG_20240103_175023.jpg

thank you teecrooz :) yes, Phil, I am working on a full and accurate kit for the blaster. aluminium side plates, aluminium RO72 back cap if needed for accuracy of the brown RO72, black delrin scope rail to be accurate to the original part, all greeblies (accurate Bulgin scope button, motor coil plates, phantom missiles) cast from original except the front "not a marker cap" that I modeled from great references, printed in resin and polished for an accurate plastic look :) coming soon! cheers
View attachment 1778555
View attachment 1778556
Hi eethan, Is this all sorted now ?

Hi eethan, Is this all sorted now ?
hi :) you mean the kits? I have opened a wip thread here:
and a project run thread here for interest:

cheers

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back