DKR Tumbler photo reference

Jayn

Sr Member
Saw this posted from the Houston Halloween trade show that is going on now. They have one of the Tumblers there & I thought some might like the pic for reference.

428067_10150518289348787_119670628786_9115860_1911400819_n.jpg

(PS- They said that Rubies brought it in & that it's up front near registration)

Interesting, thanks for sharing. That tumbler is missing the the bronze gas lid covers and those hydraulic cylinders on the side are suppose to be black this one has them in bronze.

Here's another tumbler for comparison. I wonder why its different on that one.

2680796414_78b9458e0e_o.jpg

I found the differences intresting also. I did a little digging and I found a video on Youtube called Batman The Dark Night Tumbler.

Batman The Dark Night Tumbler - YouTube

You'll see that there are many parts now bronzed on this Tumbler, including parts of the Pod Cockpit. Also the gas covers appear to be there on the first day of the show. Another video shows the same vehicle being transported by a studio truck.

Batmobile! - YouTube

I also found some images of the vehicle on Flickr taken at the same location in of a destroyed TDKR Camo Tumbler.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelcahill/sets/72157628424950099/with/6513997035/

I wonder if this could be a glimpse of a new version of the Tumbler for TDKR , or if its just a refurbished vehicle that will never appear on screen and is just for promotional purposes only.

Thanks for sharing those links. Yea it almost looks like if that tumbler is non working and just for show. I know on some other pictures of the tumblers you can see a fan on the side of those big vents and on this one its missing. Looking at those flickr pics something about it just seems off its missing some details or maybe its just the bronze that's throwing it off. My guess its probably going to be used as background shots where all the details aren't needed or maybe its just a newer tumbler and what ever company making it screwed up on the details. I guess well just have to watch the film and see.

Last edited:
I thought it might be for display only, but didn't really know where to put this thread, since it might not be actual 'screen-used'. I still think there should be a separate 'vehicle' section of the forum..

The more I think about it, I think we are looking at something from TDKR. Everything I've seen indicates this thing came from Warner Brothers, so why would they have felt the need to change something for promotional purposes. I wouldn't think they would sign off on a replica that was different from the last two films. Maybe its just wishful thinking.

Stingray - True. But it might also stand to reason that the pod that she rides might as well be camo if it came from one of those. Who knows!!!

On a side note, my theory is that the tumbler (either itself or its design) is stolen from Wayne Enterprises by some act of internal espionage from a company/organization that's in contract competition with Wayne Enterprises. Loosely like Iron Man 2. Which might explain why they are different from the original and rolling en-masse in broad daylight.

I've wondered if maybe Wayne Enterprises is contracted to build new prototypes based on the performance of the Tumbler in the first two movies. I'm sure the Government has seen pictures of the Tumbler and remembers Wayne Enterprises designing it. It's not like they can say they have a exclusive contract with Batman. Plus if they are taken from Wayne Enterprises it would be more personal than just another company.

Yes. Rubies did bring it in. I have a close friend who works for the company and booked the Tumbler to be there!!!

Im wondering if a newer Tumbler transforms into the flying vehicle we see in the trailer.

Of course my speculation is based only on the fact that photos of the upcoming 1/25 kit from Moebius have yet to surface so close to the release date.

I know this is a little late of a response but I thought it'd be nice to share. I work for Freeman Decorating and my mom and aunt do as well. I wasn't with the company when the Halloween show was going on, but I remember my mom and aunt showing me pictures of the Tumbler and saying how I "would have loved it". Very thoughtful for them to bring me along eh? lol They also talked about how it was under guard's watch the entire time, even at night lol We also did Comic Con and just as I was starting with the company is when they were asking for volunteers to go to San Diego to help out. I was too late :(

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back