I also discovered a source for the cans. While older shaving cream cans are hard to find (or are costly), I used an empty whipped topping can. The rounded top is the same as the old Barbasol can. The whipped topping can has straight sides (instead of tapered)...just like the old Barbasol can.
The whipped topping cans are typically too tall (you have to cut off bottom (with a can opener...make sure the can is empty).
And I yanked the spray nozzle out and replaced it with a Wal-Mart Shaving Cream lid (bluish color).
I will then paste a correct Barbasol label on it.
I will post pictures of my progress soon..but here is the type of can I am talking about...what do you all think?
I’m actually planning to make my own DIY version of scratch, but that it’ll be designed to be spring loaded like the actual thing.
So far I figured out that a dry erase marker that has similar shape to the center piece of the mechanism can fit through both a thinner part of toilet paper holder and its spring. And I’ve noticed that the metal mechanisms have L-shaped holes, and that’s my idea is to put a hole like on the marker. I’ll post the finished product when it’s done.
I might have to cut the coil shorter and place the L hole either higher or lower depending on how big I’ll make the cylinder.
Well I finally got vials so no I have an accurate idea of the size. I’ve been on a really long hiatus due to the pandemic and other hobbies.
I stored as much of the unfinished project safely away as I can.
At the same time I also bought a 3D printed cryocan mechanism on eBay. Which may also come in handy in trying to work out the dimensions.
I’m hoping to pick up where I left off soon and finish it as soon as possible.