District 9 Wikus prawn hand and arm, finished dragoncon pics.page 4

mrbungle

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
here is what i have so far. i still have some more details to do, but almost finished with the hand.

i made a crappy lifecasting of my hand and sculpted over it.

i plan to make the hand and the arm but i have not molded my arm yet.

i do have a question. i want to be able to cast a display hand that stands up like the one in the picture and be able to cast wearible hands out of the same mold. does anyone have any suggestions on what rubber to use to do this??

thanks for looking. tune in for more updates.

001-101.jpg

002-118.jpg

some of the detail i am putting into this. thanks to the guys on the FX lab for the tutorials they post.
003-98.jpg

Last edited:
Re: D9 wikus prawn hand and arm sculpt or bug people have feelings too.

AWESOME! I would love to have one of these! Great sculpt! Looking forward to more.

Re: D9 wikus prawn hand and arm sculpt WIP or bug people have feelings too.

thanks,man.

here is some pics of me messing around with bandages on the hand before i added the side fin things.

014-11.jpg

bloody
006-57.jpg

here is the pretty much finished hand. fun, quick sculpt. now , mold time to mold it.

013-18.jpg

014-12.jpg

015-11.jpg

017-4.jpg

thank you , sir...
hit the sculpt with some spray paint before i started working of the mold. now it looks a little more prawnish.......

002-119.jpg

001-102.jpg

moving right along. i learn how not to do a life cast of my arm and shoulder......

possibly the worst life cast in the history of lifecasting.

but it will work for our prawn/human arm sculpt.
lol

tune in later for more.........
003-99.jpg

004-92.jpg

Very cool. Now all you need is that big gun from the movie.

thanks, i have a team of folks working on that.....

here is the first casting out of the mold. i screwed up by not making the mold out of plaster so i could cast these out of latex. so i will have to cast these out of urathane rubber.

this one is cast out of foam flex it 25. nice job but it is to easy to tear getting it on and off.

013-19.jpg

010-25.jpg

011-22.jpg

Awesome!! Very cool!

I hope you ordered the Arc Gun to go with it!!

FB

rofl - tom ; fantastic work as usual mate

very nice

thanks.

here is the update, most of the front is done, need to finish the forarm and the back.

018-7.jpg

019-9.jpg

021-6.jpg

How did I miss this?? :confused That is awesome love it, great progress. :thumbsup The hand looks killer. :cool

Oh snap this is fantastic! Definitely excited to follow this along! I love the detail of the little frill along the wrist and palm. I have no idea what to call it but hopefully you know what I mean.

Will you go all out with one contact and everything? :D Keep rockin'!

thanks . i plan to do where the cossie at dc, start as the mnu raid wikus and then full arm wikus. i have the bulletproof vest, pants and shirt, i still need the jacket and the hushpuppies. i am not sure about the contact yet, the one they used the movie was freaking huge!

the good thing is the joint between the hand and the wrist will be covered by bandages and plastic bags.

I love it! :'D
You're the first I've seen attempt the full prosthetics of all the cracked skin and stuff. Otherwise I've only ever seen just the hand.
Good Job I can't wait to see that finished product. :thumbsup

thanks . i plan to do where the cossie at dc, start as the mnu raid wikus and then full arm wikus. i have the bulletproof vest, pants and shirt, i still need the jacket and the hushpuppies. i am not sure about the contact yet, the one they used the movie was freaking huge!

the good thing is the joint between the hand and the wrist will be covered by bandages and plastic bags.

That sounds very cool, keep us posted. Looking forward to the pics when you get it all together. :thumbsup

hey pokey, thanks for the link!!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back