District 9 prawn mini-bust

Yarko

Hi! I know this is not a predator, but I have just made some photos to my District 9 prawn sculpt and I wanted to show you. The tentacles might look a bit weird, but that's because they broke and I had to do a quick fix.

P1010071.jpg

P1010070.jpg

P1010067.jpg

P1010066.jpg

P1010075.jpg

P1010012-2.jpg

I'm not sure if I should make copies of it and try to sell it, since there are not District 9 figures out there...

Prawns are so cool

P1010075.jpg

P1010012-2.jpg

somebody had a larger 1/3 scale bust on ebay.but they wanted a ton of cash for it.
yours is a cool little peice,good work

Oh sheet, that one is better that mine ;)

When I have time, I want to sculpt arms and legs for my little one, anyways. I could have some nice dioramas with these bugs

Though their sculpt is a bit more clean I do believe yours is more screen accurate. Hell, once you have some arms and legs I'd be interested in one.

I missed this comment. Yes, it's super sculpey. I used aluminium paper (is it also called like that in english?) as armature. I like how it came out, but I think I will be making a more detailed sculpt... someday.

thats awesome im going to start a 1:1 bust in the next week because my next costume i want to be a prawn im tired of predator lol i havent even taken my predator out of my car yet.

That sounds great, be sure to post WIP photos of your sculpt! How are you planning to make the body?

im thinking about sculpting the whole torso and then using foam for the legs but its just ideas i have to make it as light as possible. any ideas let me know

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back