Unlimited Run District 9 - Assault Rifle Kit V2

Re: District 9 Weapon Kits - RUN OPEN!

Hello Tmax. Will you be posting some pics of the AR parts when they’ve been made ?

Happy Easter everyone! Trust you all enjoy the long weekend.

Sorry for the delayed update, it's been an "interesting" week. Earlier this week while printing our first kits, the guy I'm working with came home to find a power surge hand blown both printer's mother-boards (and his TV). He immediately ordered replacements and we were waiting to hear when they would arrive before I let everyone know. To our surprise they arrived this morning and we are back up and running. Which is great because we thought they might not arrive until next week.

ekq2Wi3.jpg

8dcQEUr.jpg

Now we all know things like this happen. But on the first print of our first gun of my first RPF run???!!! Sheesh! So it's been a little stressful as you can imagine.

Moving forward, this puts us back by a week so those who have paid will be receiving an extra gift with their print as a thanks for your patience. Obviously, if anyone has any concerns, questions, etc, please feel free to PM me or post here.

As mentioned I will continue to update as we go. We're currently looking at purchasing a 3rd printer to keep things moving.

T.

These things happen! Thanks for the update.

- - - Updated - - -

...and that part in your photo looks good!

District 9 Weapon Kits - RUN OPEN!

Thanks @PAULH, I appreciate your understanding. Looking forward to getting these kits out.

Also, for those interested, the week or so it took to get the run open was spent fine-tuning the AR design. If you read my build thread you would have seen there were a few things I had to modify to the original print. While my designer had updated the design, there were still some details that I wanted to get right. I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist, not that the final design is perfect, but it's looking great. I'm really happy with the final design, it's certainly the most accurate design around.

lkgvXf6.jpg

aW2zOew.jpg

4rb3vOZ.jpg

ND2JqvJ.jpg

The only part that may still cause issues is the barrel. The Weta version has an oval barrel, ours is round. The reason is because the barrel discs don't print very well, so I made a new barrel out of metal spacers and washers and I think most will do something similar.

9XJYqdm.jpg

TNTskPt.jpg

dWxLGm5.jpg

Of course this would be much harder to do if it was oval, so we left it round. You guys can mod it how you see fit.

Last edited:

Making a few scratch-built details is all part of the fun!

Can’t wait to get started on it.

Making a few scratch-built details is all part of the fun!

Can’t wait to get started on it.

Agreed. Probably my favourite part of the build was adding my own greeblies.

v63XVyV.jpg

wiFIx0m.jpg

H6SKM8a.jpg

The final design includes greeblies, but you can add too them if so desired.

- - - Updated - - -

Payment sent for AR. Thanks!

Received. Thanks.

Last edited:

Payment for SMG sent :)

Awesome, thanks. We haven't starting printing the SMG's yet as it's still in the design stage, but I will keep you posted.

On that note, printing continues...

CAHBvoZ.jpg

Before you ask I am yet to get an ETA on the first kits being finished. But again, I will keep you posted.

The Exo Suit Rifle design is nearly done...

143SvLa.jpg

Cheers,
T.

Coming along...

xbyS6eb.jpg

249uZHj.jpg

We added the "flares" that the top cylinder sits on. Stoked with how these turned out.

SQ8Af2Q.jpg

These kits have 5cm deep plug holes for join strengthening.

ZK7JEb9.jpg

Hello Tmax. What's the word on the vinyl stickers / paint masks that Soulinertia is going to produce?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hello Tmax. What's the word on the vinyl stickers / paint masks that @Soulinertia is going to produce?

Hey mate. He’s working on them, but I’ll let him respond with time-frames.
T.

Last edited by a moderator:

Update - first kit went out over the weekend on it's was to Aussie. So a bit of a slow start to this first run. We are looking at how we can speed up production and will most likely purchase 2 more printers once the SMG run opens. We should be able to print 2 kits per week at that point. Will keep you posted.

Also, had to slightly adjust shipping by $5.

SMG design is coming along.

Cheers,
T.

Last edited:

Very interested in the Sub Machine Gun and (probably) the Exo Suit Rifle!

Thanks for doing these!! I have all three guns from Weta, these will complete the set!

Please add me to the list!

Very interested in the Sub Machine Gun and (probably) the Exo Suit Rifle!

Thanks for doing these!! I have all three guns from Weta, these will complete the set!

Please add me to the list!

No problem. Welcome aboard!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back