Limited Run District 9 Arc Generator Replica

wondersquid

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Its Christmas time and I wish to bring good cheer!

Recently I cleaned out my garage and found the molds I created for my District 9 Arc Generator, which I created years ago. I made a small amount of these kits and I'm seeing if anyone is interested in a new run, limited for as long as the molds will hold out.

It's a holiday after all, so I will offer these kits at a discounted price for this special limited run. Originally $300 a kit, I will now offer them at $250 a kit, plus shipping, they are solid cast urethane resin.

The original was created by me during the run of the movie. My version is 10% smaller then the actual one, and has symmetrical detail on both sides, whereas the original has one asymmetrical detail I didn't include. All of this came about because I made the piece from one reference picture, before the movie even came out.

I sold a few of these a while back and many have regarded them as excellent replicas, my work usually speaks for itself and I hope my good reputation will as well.

This is what you will get for your purchase:

20100310_74 by Mal Keller, on Flickr

This is what I did with my first pull, I chose a color that is not movie accurate, so you know this is my version, not Weta's.

mal-d9-gun-stuff-55 by Mal Keller, on Flickr
mal-d9-gun-stuff-062 by Mal Keller, on Flickr
mal-d9-gun-stuff-057 by Mal Keller, on Flickr
mal-d9-gun-stuff-058 by Mal Keller, on Flickr
mal-d9-gun-stuff-059 by Mal Keller, on Flickr

I'm hoping these will make excellent gifts. Thank you for checking this out.

So are you saying you created the original one for the movie?

What's missing in this kit to look like the finished one? Wires etc...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, I didn't create the original, that was Weta, I made a replica that was nearly identical to the original, only smaller.

Nothing is missing, I give you the wires, they are the clear tubing, you can paint them black or leave them clear, your choice.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Getting interested! Waiting to see those pics and would like to know if you cast with a pressure pot? Hit me with a PM if you're interested in trades..

Getting interested! Waiting to see those pics and would like to know if you cast with a pressure pot? Hit me with a PM if you're interested in trades..

Here are the two photos I could find, It's Comic Con 2010 I believe. The first one looks a bit more in proportion, but the second one makes mine look tiny. Both are with Greg Broadmore, the designer of the guns for District 9 comparing mine to his. Unbelievably cool guy, everyone should meet him, so very nice to talk to. Side note, that's David Tremont next to us, he made the amazing exo-suit model.

Greg Broadmore 1 by Mal Keller, on Flickr
Greg Broadmore 2 by Mal Keller, on Flickr

I do normally cast in pressure pots, but these pieces I didn't evacuate the silicone, so I can't pressure cast them, although I generally doesn't need it. There are small corner air bubbles that show up from time to time, but for the most part, the seam lines are probably the most noticeable problems. It is a kit after all, and does require the tender loving attention of any good model kit. It make it look like mine, I drilled holes in the center and suck rods to hold parts together, then glued and bonded all seams, then puttied to make it smooth.

Unfortunately, at this time I can't do trades, I need cash for my son's Christmas present, and I'm hoping to get it in time. Thanks though.

Wow superb, always regretted selling my original weta one, what's shipping like to the UK?

I have 2 of these kits sitting under my workbench, with plans to make them during these Christmas holidays. But they are top notch and everything you'd come to except from Wondersqid. Can't wait to complete them and have them on the wall!

G17RDY, what part of the UK? My average shipping cost internationally is $65.00, but I'm looking into alternatives all the time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Hello Wondersquid. I am in Glasgow, Scotland. If you need postcode for accurate shipping I'll pm it to you.
If you could possibly find out what surface and airmail is please, as cost effective as possible.
Many thanks.

Do you still have any of these kits available? I would love to get one if you do. Please PM me if it is at all still available. Thanks!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back