Dissecting the "VIPER"

All right... I can only get to my kit supply every so often these days, and am going to head over today. I've been casting Viper parts for a short while (8Rad, Leopold), and am ready to heaed into the final stretch. With that, there are four bits that are driving me nuts! I've looked at a ton of stuff, including the kits that I know to be used. The only ones I haven't looked through yet are the Fujimi Panther and about 12 other Fujimi armor kits, so possibly some of these are there.

But if anyone has any leads on any of the four prominent parts here, I'd love to hear, and hopefully before 6 or so Central today (no, not demanding or anything...)
Thanks folks, my eyes are just bleary after the hunt so far today, but I'm going to keep searching. Will definitely post if I find them as well...

viperstumped.jpg

hey guys is this the mim kit or another kit
I have been contacted to build one but first need to get one for this customer does anyone know anything about the montserts in motion kit is it ok or does it have warping problems please help thanks chuck

ps great work id ing kits

Hi guys,

Does anyone know which kit the this part comes from?

51_3.jpg

I bought a studio scale kit and it is the worst casting I have ever spent money on so I'm hunting down parts to redetail it.

ta
Neil

sorry no idea from me
and good luck the viper seems to be one of those impossible things to id I have been at it for some time and can only come up with one or two
so again good luck

Neil, the part circled looks very much like part of a boggy assembly to a Sherman tank, probably 1/72 scale. You may want to check with Airfix, Hasegawa or even Revell.

I think you just nailed it dude!!

See the bottom strip on this scan.

parts.jpg

At the very least I can modify that part and get very close.

Cheers

Neil

Scan is of the Airfix. Always glad to see my scans coming in handy.

However, the part in the scan is trapezoidal, whereas the Viper part is rectangular.

Also, the parts on the model have 2 grooves and not 3 so I should be able to sand it rectangular and loose a groove all in one hit
icon_biggrin.gif

Neil

I was going to say then same thing I have looked at al the airfix tanks and none are contributors for the viper IMHO
the part in question looks more like it came from ship possibly WWII Japanese I looked through my stuff this morning and found some similar parts but not 100 % dead

chuck

Hi,
I had a quick peek at the Airfix Sherman in Hannants on the way home from work and although the part is quite a good starting point I might as well scratchbuild the part and save myself the money. I'll keep looking for the time being though.
Cheers
Neil

I'm not sure if anyone has stated it or not, but the tank model used on the sides of the Viper is the rear of the 1/72 ESCI King Tiger tank cut into 4 parts. Italeri has reissued it under their line. The other known kits are the leopold on the bottom and the 8-rad on the back. Still looking for the other kits involved.

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back