display head for masks (Spiderman, rorshach etc..) - now with free Pep file inside!

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by EyeofSauron, Dec 16, 2011.

1. EyeofSauron

EyeofSauron Master Member

so, i found my old rorshach mask from years ago, and i thought, this being my first costume build ever, it needs displaying :)

well, i thought, theres no shop around that sells foam heads, so make one yourself.

so i looked around for a model that had the low poly facial features i wanted, and i then got it by pepmaster, who ripped it from a video game model. Great credit to him :)

i then unfolded and built it, covered it an paper mache for stability, and then put the mask over it :)

it allready has the form of the faceshells that can be bought on here, so i thought some of you would like this budget version, as it is pretty easy to build:)

so here, you can download the file:

Simple head - download here!

one thing with the file: i messed up a little with unfolding, so the folds are the wrong way (mountain fold =valley fold, and the other way) but its really not a problem (the unfold was inside out, thats why the folds are wrong :D couldnt be bothered to reunfold it xD)

and here are some pics too see how it looks finished :) pep model, paper mache covered, and with my rorshach mask on it :)

enjoy, and happy building :)

2. j0wE

j0wE Well-Known Member

Re: display head for masks (Spiderman, rorshach etc..) - now with free Pep file insid

nice, thanks EoS and PepMaster

3. Darth Pinhead

Darth Pinhead Active Member

Re: display head for masks (Spiderman, rorshach etc..) - now with free Pep file insid

What's the circumference; chin to top of crown; width from ear to ear; depth from front to back? May work well enough for a cheap sculpting armature if the proportions are close...

4. Passiondesigns

Passiondesigns New Member

this is awesome thanks!

5. EyeofSauron

EyeofSauron Master Member

it fit perfectly on my head, before i closed it up. i have a rather big head, so it should usually fit for anyone

from top to bottom its 32 cm
    the rest i would have to measure. i sized it to my head tho, so i could use it for stuff i made for me :)