Display for DL-44 Blaster

Matthew Gresham

I bought myself a blaster factory DL-44 and I was bouncing around different ideas for how to display it and I want something unique, almost an experience in itself sorta similar to how Adam Savage built a case for his Hellboy Samaritan revolver. I want it to feel like it belongs in the Star Wars universe, authentic to the aesthetic and look of the films. I want it to look and feel like something Han might actually use to store it while not in use. Any ideas or inspiration would be greatly appreciated

I bought myself a blaster factory DL-44 and I was bouncing around different ideas for how to display it and I want something unique, almost an experience in itself sorta similar to how Adam Savage built a case for his Hellboy Samaritan revolver. I want it to feel like it belongs in the Star Wars universe, authentic to the aesthetic and look of the films. I want it to look and feel like something Han might actually use to store it while not in use. Any ideas or inspiration would be greatly appreciated
You can have some kind of a wall display, like Han might have had somewhere on the Falcon. Or a container/box for the blaster. For my Merr-Sonn I use a full metal stand made by a friend

Merr-Sonn-Power-5-blaster-31.jpg

I made a aluminium base plate (each individually painted to match each blaster) and placed the blaster on a single plexiglass rod. So the blaster is nearly „free floating“ and nothing is hided from any mountings

DBFD1B34-042B-43B5-8290-D6F275B8D845.jpeg
94D94A1C-A796-4DE6-9E39-7028EC4B3806.jpeg
0BA984CE-BE0D-4724-AADD-A23F89C4D45B.jpeg

No, there‘s little pin with a magnet holding the blaster. I drilled a hole in the bottom of the Denix, on this position sits the holding pin of the mag bottom plate of the original Mauser.

I made a magnetic replacement pin to fill this hole when the blaster is not mounted on the rod.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back