Disney wants more 'Star Wars' in its theme parks

I love the Experience. I loved how convincing the transporter effect was. I loved feeling like I was on a real starship. I envy the guy who had a friend who worked on DS9 and who got him on the soundstage on a day they weren't shooting there and he was back in one of the habitat ring corridors and once he was around the curve and couldn't see the stage, the illusion was complete and he had no idea where he was and was aware of the sense of a whole space station around him.

NakedMoleRat, as a costume nerd, my favorite part of Quark's was the walk down to it. Particularly the display case with the TFF Starfleet Marine uniforms and boots. Got me some good reference photos thanks to that...

Also, now that they've developed a blue strain of wheat (for blue beer), I'm hopeful I can maybe brew a proper Romulan ale. It has bubbles, so, like champagne, it's likely double-fermented. Kirk's reaction in TWOK and the insta-hangovers the crew had in TUC indicate it's very dry with a probable high alcohol content, like a Belgian lambic. So I have some ideas...

At Disney... As far as rides, I loved the North slope of the Matterhorn (for whatever reason, far more satisfying than the South track); I loved Space Mountain, before they decided to turn the lights on; I loved Big Thunder Mountain Railroad; I love the Haunted Mansion -- the bit going through the cemetery and up the slope, where you're reclining in the Ghost Coach, is sooooo relaxing. I also liked the old days when they had the Heroes and Villains merch shops in the castle courtyard. But for experience... Star Tours and the Blue Bayou won, hands-down -- especially the latter. Such wonderful atmosphere, good food, waving at the people coming out of the Pirates ride... And they didn't chase you out of there ASAP. Whatever happened to "be our guest", Disney, hm?

Also, now that they've developed a blue strain of wheat (for blue beer), I'm hopeful I can maybe brew a proper Romulan ale. It has bubbles, so, like champagne, it's likely double-fermented. Kirk's reaction in TWOK and the insta-hangovers the crew had in TUC indicate it's very dry with a probable high alcohol content, like a Belgian lambic. So I have some ideas...
My wife and I are currently vacationing in Italy and we had dinner one night at a vineyard. They were actually serving a blue Champaign and I imagined it was Romulan Ale and we were at Château Picard. I had 3 bottles shipped home.

IMG_1322.jpeg

IMG_1324.jpeg

IMG_1323.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back