Disney TRON statue!

Gruson

Hey guys,

I think this piece looks REALLY cool.

I love the light up feature and only 150 are being made.

It seems to be 1/4 scale at 22" tall.

This is a must have for me. I love this film. It is hard to tell about the overall quality though.

http://disneyauctions.go.com/

img2617591med.jpg

I apologize if this was posted somewhere else...I did not see it though.

The Disney "Big Figs" have all been really well done. (I have a Stitch: Experiment 626 big figure that is AWESOME.) As for Tron, I'm really teetering on this one. I really like the movie and a light up version would be very cool, but I've never seen them do a likeness of a person. That's the only real drawback for me. I wish they had better shots of it. Still.... ;)

Oh yea... Ya gotta love the lifesize Jessica Rabbit.. :love

-B89. :D

here's a bigger shot, I'd be interested in one of these..
img2617591.jpg

The only thing I don't like is the stretched out logo.

The original post on the Stitch 626 expirament got me started on the big figs. Still one of my all time favorites big figures. Just picked up the Lilo and Stitch individual ones for my daughters birthday. They are sitting next to the MR Cinderella slipper display in her room. I have the Jedi Mickey sitting up on top of the computer rack here in my den. :)
This one looks pretty neat. My sons would be all over wanting one.
I am waiting for the Buzz Lightyear coming out in August for my next big fig piece. My computer den has definately gone Disney/Pixar decor.

if this was 1/6 scale I'd be all over this. But that's just too big for me to be able to display easily (without having to put everything else i own into storage. lol)

looks great though with the light up feature and everything

<div class='quotetop'>(Jedidentist @ Jun 14 2006, 08:06 PM) [snapback]1261679[/snapback]</div>
I ordered mine. Us Tron fans gotta represent.
[/b]

I've ordered one as well. Already got a spot ready at home. :)

Thier about gone, too.

Just got my TRON big fig in... WOW. it's pretty darn sweet. If you're waiting on one, you won't be let down. The figure is cast in a clear blue resin and painted. The body is pretty straight forward, just a flat light blue with the "elecTRONics" left open for the light to show through. The face however is pretty detailed. A well sculpted piece. The only thing I wish they would have done was to run some fiber optics through the wire that the disk attaches to so it would be lit as well. Still, I really nice piece. Runs on three AA batteries which are included.

Now, on with the pics.

This one is to show scale. The Stitch 626 figure is roughly 29" tall
DSCN5780.jpg

DSCN5779.jpg

DSCN5781.jpg

DSCN5782.jpg

DSCN5783.jpg

DSCN5784.jpg

DSCN5785.jpg

(Thanks WC for hosting.)

That thing looks great but yeah I'm kinda suprised the disc and the base don't light up.
Does the helmet light up to? kinda hard to tell in the pics.

<div class='quotetop'>(Beeb89 @ Jun 23 2006, 02:57 PM) [snapback]1266633[/snapback]</div>
Just got my TRON big fig in... WOW. it's pretty darn sweet. If you're waiting on one, you won't be let down. The figure is cast in a clear blue resin and painted. The body is pretty straight forward, just a flat light blue with the "elecTRONics" left open for the light to show through. The face however is pretty detailed. A well sculpted piece. The only thing I wish they would have done was to run some fiber optics through the wire that the disk attaches to so it would be lit as well. Still, I really nice piece. Runs on three AA batteries which are included.

Now, on with the pics.

This one is to show scale. The Stitch 626 figure is roughly 29" tall
DSCN5780.jpg

DSCN5779.jpg

(Thanks WC for hosting.)

[/b]

How much did that run, I only see a couple on ebay for $300 now.

I got mine also yesterday and it is nice and all, but I am not impressed with the paint.

I am really hoping these were hand painted as the base has some spots where the paint overlapped other color. There is a small blemish on the side around the belt where looks like no paint made it.
Also on the base there is a spot that almost looks like a piece of clear tape, but it is a glitch with the paint.

Overall though it is a very cool piece and I am glad I was able to get one before they were gone as I knew these would hit the secondary market immediately because of the extremely low production number run.

150 were made only and mine was $182.78 shipped to me. (There is no number on it, just says "Limited edition of 150)

Got mine and I think it's a pretty nice piece. Great topper for "TRON" or "Discs of TRON" cabinet. My only disappointment was the aforementioned lack of lighting to the disc. Otherwise great little piece.

Doc

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back