Disney Store Raiders Idol anyone get in on it?

Knightmare

Sr Member
I was not able to get in on the initial orders as it sold out crazy fast . Scalpers gone wild :/
But as luck would have it I was able persuade a fellow collector into selling me his Pre -order :)
It looks awesome IMO . What do you guys think ?
E62DE73D-C75C-4702-9110-62F2174AB4C5.png

Looks like the toyk one
When they first released them quality was decent .Now they have cut back since can see it’s gone down hill .

I preordered one. I saw my credit card was charged recently, so hoping these will be shipping soon.

Will do a comparison to my RelicMaker version.

Sean
I have heard this month !

Didn't know about these, so no. Just looked on eBay and there's one for $600!
Original price was 130.00 ‍

You purchased the pre order from someone else at the original cost? That’s pretty nice of her/him. I’m pretty sure this will be worth a pretty penny even in the future as it’s licensed by Disney. I’d definitely take one - at face value. My only comment is that it’s not exactly screen accurate. I’m not sure why Disney didn’t just scan or cast one from one of the idols at Skywalker ranch. Then again, none of Disney’s offerings seem to be based on screen used or production models.

I was not able to get in on the initial orders as it sold out crazy fast . Scalpers gone wild :/
But as luck would have it I was able persuade a fellow collector into selling me his Pre -order :)
It looks awesome IMO . What do you guys think ? View attachment 1477477

You purchased the pre order from someone else at the original cost? That’s pretty nice of her/him. I’m pretty sure this will be worth a pretty penny even in the future as it’s licensed by Disney. I’d definitely take one - at face value. My only comment is that it’s not exactly screen accurate. I’m not sure why Disney didn’t just scan or cast one from one of the idols at Skywalker ranch. Then again, none of Disney’s offerings seem to be based on screen used or production models.
I really like the sculpt personally I think its nicer the the Sideshow idol . To be honest I have seen dozens of replicas made purchased some expensive ones in the past none are 100 Pct accurate IMO .

There are castings from the original stunt idol available from relicmaker and several other past makers, like sskunky etc. I think most of the members here compare any offering against those sculpts. However those offerings are more pricey than the Disney, sideshow and other licensed offerings (at least at their face value).

I really like the sculpt personally I think its nicer the the Sideshow idol . To be honest I have seen dozens of replicas made purchased some expensive ones in the past none are 100 Pct accurate IMO .

There are castings from the original stunt idol available from relicmaker and several other past makers, like sskunky etc. I think most of the members here compare any offering against those sculpts. However those offerings are more pricey than the Disney, sideshow and other licensed offerings (at least at their face value).
I had the skunk its a great piece I sold it . Its was not screen accurate IMO . Castings from the stunts I mean who knows really possibly ? At this point I just go for the look that I personally like . I had to pay over the asking price for that Disney pre-order lol . I think it's subjective on which Model is the most accurate . Each has its pros and cons .

Cray

Agreed

The Gob had the plating issue correct ?
The original screen used Idol has the same bubbling as the Gobler making it still the best one available. Not the re-plated hero in the archives, the original Idol they used for filming. Now in 4K it should be very easy to spot.

I was able to pre-order the idol from Disney. My confirmation email says they expect the idols to be ready by 08/09/21, so I would be surprised if they ship before then.

The original screen used Idol has the same bubbling as the Gobler making it still the best one available. Not the re-plated hero in the archives, the original Idol they used for filming. Now in 4K it should be very easy to spot.
Right but that was made 40 years ago thats the reason for the bubbling .

I was able to pre-order the idol from Disney. My confirmation email says they expect the idols to be ready by 08/09/21, so I would be surprised if they ship before then.
Really hope it looks like the pictures they released . Its a Great sculpt

I was able to pre-order one. I kept refreshing the page until I was in their "virtual waiting room" or whatever they called it. The email I was sent said it would be available on 8/9/2021 like tubasthebest above.

I was able to pre-order one. I kept refreshing the page until I was in their "virtual waiting room" or whatever they called it. The email I was sent said it would be available on 8/9/2021 like tubasthebest above.
Congrats ! Seems like many people tried to grab one . It's a great score to have the fist Idol Disney has released !

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back