Disney Parks Han Solo blaster?

WyoWilliam

Anybody own one of these? I'm less interested in the gun than I am the sound card/ speaker inside of it. I've been having a hard time finding the Rubies gun with the actual "movie" sounds (also blue and orange, interestingly) so was thinking this might work, or maybe even be better?

Disney.JPG

I'm in the same boat, man. For my DEC/Denix Han ANH build (Thanks Dave, you God you) ;)

Don't get the current Rubies or the '96 Hasbro (see pics below). The Rubies sounds like a gun and the speaker on the Hasbro is so bad I'm not sure what it sounds like but it is NOT a DL-44. Maybe when I pair the Rubies speaker with the Hasbro board... I dunno. And I'm pretty sure the Kenner from the 70's will have a board too big to fit. Blah...

Before this is over I have a sneaking suspicion I will wish I had bit the bullet and bought the BlasterCore. :/

$_11.jpg

$_12.jpg

I've seen videos of the new stormtrooper blaster (with the two firing modes) but I haven't seen anything about this blaster yet. I'm pretty curious about it myself.

The Disney one looks like you could take the scope off and with some work convert it to an ESB/ROTJ blaster easier than the Rubies where the scope is part of the body.

Don't get the current Rubies or the '96 Hasbro (see pics below). The Rubies sounds like a gun and the speaker on the Hasbro is so bad I'm not sure what it sounds like but it is NOT a DL-44. Maybe when I pair the Rubies speaker with the Hasbro board... I dunno. And I'm pretty sure the Kenner from the 70's will have a board too big to fit. Blah...
Yeah, I used a rubies sound card (from the blue/ orange version that actually sounded like a blaster) paired with a cell phone speaker, and that worked pretty well. Seems like all those wankers on ebay hoping to make a quick buck bought the good ones up and slapped some black paint on them to sell for $75.

maybe source a soundboard from an external vendor? more expensive, but quality.

There have been many people post their sound stuff..

PlecterLabs sells a BlasterCore board that is design the put any sound fonts/files you want on it..

Actually... I'm not completely disgusted. :) I took the new Rubies speaker and AAA battery compartment and paired it with the Hasbro board and fire control group. It sounds WAY better. Almost blaster-esque if I may say so myself. Now to file down the battery compartment, rout out the grips, drill sound holes in the grip slot, etc., etc.,... whew. :/

IMG_1700.JPG

Last edited:
And I'm pretty sure the Kenner from the 70's will have a board too big to fit.

I don't mean to derail the thread, but I found this funny; the old Kenner blaster from the 70s didn't have a sound board; it was a motor with a gear on it that spun against a piece of plastic making a 'zzzzzzzzzzzzzz' sound!

Mark

Finally bit the bullet and bought the Disney blaster. Not bad at all! The sound is loud and definitely Star Wars blastery and the flashing red LED is pretty cool. I think I can work with this for my DEC ANH build:

IMG_1702.JPG

It is powered by AAs however. Is there any chance this might work to power the board, speaker and LED?

http://www.adafruit.com/products/783

x783-00_jpg_pagespeed_ic_Ad6m7GOO6m.jpg

If so I think it could all fit in the magazine well of the Denix.

Mmmm... I think at 6v you would run the risk of frying the sound board. I assume that the blaster runs on two AA's? So, you're looking at 3v. and you can achieve that with either two AAA's, 2 button cells, or if you have a charger one of the small LiPo 3.7v batteries used in small flying toys and readily available on ebay.

- - - Updated - - -

BUMP
What about one of the other Hasbro offerings for a soundboard? I'm think specifically or the Jango or Boba Fett blasters that are still fairly readily available? Do they sound right?

BUMP
What about one of the other Hasbro offerings for a soundboard? I'm think specifically or the Jango or Boba Fett blasters that are still fairly readily available? Do they sound right?
I don't think that Hasbro makes Jango blasters anymore. Not that I've seen, anyway. The only ones I see now are Rubies costume blasters in the Jango style and the sound card on those is horrible.

This is the Rubies blaster...

Last edited by a moderator:
Please do post a sound recording of the Disney blaster! :)

It is powered by AAs however. Is there any chance this might work to power the board, speaker and LED?
If so I think it could all fit in the magazine well of the Denix.
A basic 2×AAA holder would only be a couple mm thicker and be able to hold more charge. Plus, easier to get replacements or to use rechargeable batteries.
A 2×AAA holder with on/off-switch would be too long though.

BTW, mind the bolt that holds the scope bracket. I have a big nut on the inside of the magwell because I find the wall to be too thin to hold a 1/4 thread on its own.
Maybe it would be possible to weld the bolt to a piece of thin sheet steel and epoxy it in there from the inside but that would be a very tight fit.
It might be easier to replace the spacer on the outside with a smaller nut for better fit and epoxy or weld that on to the rod, which would you would then epoxy to the outside of the magwell and the hole.

BTW, mind the bolt that holds the scope bracket. I have a big nut on the inside of the magwell because I find the wall to be too thin to hold a 1/4 thread on its own.
Maybe it would be possible to weld the bolt to a piece of thin sheet steel and epoxy it in there from the inside but that would be a very tight fit.
It might be easier to replace the spacer on the outside with a smaller nut for better fit and epoxy or weld that on to the rod, which would you would then epoxy to the outside of the magwell and the hole.

I was worried about that front nut also at first, but found that once the posts were tightened down with the check nuts on the scope cross-bar that they were pretty stable and didn't really need additional support inside the mag well. (I have a pretty heavy scope assembly, too.) I wouldn't want to hit it hard with anything and dropping it could be a problem, but for regular use, I've had no problem with a well-tapped denix mag wall.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back