Disney+ | Marvel: MOONKNIGHT

It's due to precession, i.e. the naturally-occurring wobble in the Earth’s axis. Because of that wobble, the alignment of the stars in our night sky change drastically every several thousand years.
Yes, though it is every 26,000 years. I would have to watch the episode again (which I will!) to know how long they suggested it was in the past.

I'll say this....it makes me appreciate Legion so much more. I do respect that Oscar is one of the exec producers so at least he was willing to invest into it, which means he believes in it at least.
Being an executive producer doesn't mean that he's necessarily investing anything in it. The title is most likely so that the production can pay him what his usual rate which they might not be able to afford to pay him as simply the lead actor, It's done a lot in TV productions when they either can't afford to give an actor a raise of if they can't afford them at their normal rate, how this exactly works I don't know, but I'm guessing that there's a separate pot of money in the budget for cast and for producers. In addition to extra money, it also gives the actor a little more say in what goes on in the production, more so than actors normally get.

Being an executive producer doesn't mean that he's necessarily investing anything in it. The title is most likely so that the production can pay him what his usual rate which they might not be able to afford to pay him as simply the lead actor, It's done a lot in TV productions when they either can't afford to give an actor a raise of if they can't afford them at their normal rate, how this exactly works I don't know, but I'm guessing that there's a separate pot of money in the budget for cast and for producers. In addition to extra money, it also gives the actor a little more say in what goes on in the production, more so than actors normally get.
There are tons of shows that take their central actors and list them as executive producers when clearly, they don't do the job. At best, they might suggest some plotlines but they aren't involved in the financial or production aspects of putting the show together. It certainly seems to be a perk handed out to well-known actors to keep them around on the show.

There are tons of shows that take their central actors and list them as executive producers when clearly, they don't do the job. At best, they might suggest some plotlines but they aren't involved in the financial or production aspects of putting the show together. It certainly seems to be a perk handed out to well-known actors to keep them around on the show.
As I said in my comment above, the Exec Producer title is often given to lead actors in lieu of a pay raise because that, apparently, comes from a different pool of money. Can't afford to hire a given actor for your production or can't afford to give them a raise after X years on the show, simply, make them an Executive Producer and you can now afford them or the raise that they want/deserve.

Screenshot_20220425_130006.jpg

What's up with the hippo?
I'm just going to say it, unless these last couple of episodes are super spectacular amazing, this show will not ever get a second watch from me. Because it kinda really sucks.

What's up with the hippo?
I'm just going to say it, unless these last couple of episodes are super spectacular amazing, this show will not ever get a second watch from me. Because it kinda really sucks.
The hippo is Tawaret, the Egyptian goddess of fertility. Beginning of the episode gave the idea that there were other gods imprisoned, not just Konshu, so I'm thinking she may be one of them.

Hate that you're not digging it. Other than WandaVision, I think this is the best D+ MARVEL series. It'll take a couple of extraordinary episodes for it to surpass WV for me.

Well, we are definitely on two different sides of the spectrum as I put WandaVision down as the second worst. But, each to his own.
Honestly, there have only been a couple of Marvel TV shows that I've gotten all the way through. Dropped WandaVision like a hot rock. The only two that I've finished were Hawkeye, Loki, and now this one is on track. Hated Loki. Should have dropped that too. Didn't even bother with Winter Soldier.

Honestly, there have only been a couple of Marvel TV shows that I've gotten all the way through. Dropped WandaVision like a hot rock. The only two that I've finished were Hawkeye, Loki, and now this one is on track. Hated Loki. Should have dropped that too. Didn't even bother with Winter Soldier.
You should give WandaViusion another try, it's a slow burn and while on the surface it seems like a parody of various old sitcoms, it's much more than that. Considering the ending and what we've seen in the Dr. Strange trailers, my wife and I strongly suspect that the events of WandaVision are going to tie into Dr. Strange a bit.

As for Winter Soldier, I wasn't sold on it at first either. I never really cared for either Falcon or Winter Soldier but I gave the show a try on the recommendation of my wife and I loved it. Both my wife and I felt that it was one of the best Marvel TV shows on Disney +. It has some interesting implications/hints of what the organization that Julia Louise Dreyfuss' character belongs to and what they're about. Whether that organization remains more of a TV thing or will have an impact on the MCU as a whole remains to be seen.

You should give WandaViusion another try, it's a slow burn and while on the surface it seems like a parody of various old sitcoms, it's much more than that. Considering the ending and what we've seen in the Dr. Strange trailers, my wife and I strongly suspect that the events of WandaVision are going to tie into Dr. Strange a bit.

As for Winter Soldier, I wasn't sold on it at first either. I never really cared for either Falcon or Winter Soldier but I gave the show a try on the recommendation of my wife and I loved it. Both my wife and I felt that it was one of the best Marvel TV shows on Disney +. It has some interesting implications/hints of what the organization that Julia Louise Dreyfuss' character belongs to and what they're about. Whether that organization remains more of a TV thing or will have an impact on the MCU as a whole remains to be seen.
No. She basically suffers no ramifications for taking an entire town hostage. Hard pass. Any of these shows that go hard into "the message" as Drinker says, isn't going to get watched. I'm just not interested. Plus, I really don't care about superhero movies and shows anymore. I'm burned out on them. Virtually everything DC does is crap and I was losing patience before Endgame and haven't really cared a bit since. They haven't been good movies, just CGI-masturbation. That's what Hollywood has become these days for the big summer blockbuster tentpole movies. Lots of "ooh" and "ah" and nothing of substance.

Yeeeaaahhh... After this episode, anyone who actually watches the show, that can't see the beauty of the story they're trying to tell, the incredible performances from the cast, & the care with which they're dealing with taboo subjects, then I don't think it's for them. As I felt before, it's a great disservice to consider just ANYTHING with a cape, a 'superhero' genre, rock 'em, sock 'em, brainless blockbuster. This show in particular has dealt with mental illness with the same great care that WandaVision dealt with grief. Just because the story is wrapped in a cape doesn't automatically dumb it down anymore than having a story told through animation automatically make it a kid's show. Anyone that cares to watch 'Grave of the Fireflies' & still make that argument is just arguing for the sake of debate.

Episode 5 had everything, I really enjoyed it, looking forward to my customary rewatch on the weekend.

I found Oscar's performance was at the absolute apex of the series, the scenes where Marc was trying to shield Steven from seeing the truth of his childhood abuse was so powerful, I had a lump in my throat in sympathy for what happened to Marc.
This is top quality writing, acting and storytelling.
Excelsior Marvel, Excelsior!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back