Disney Limited Edition R2-D2 and C3PO

Master Blaster

Hi guys, just unboxed my Disney Limited Edition R2-D2 and C3PO
Check out here:http://www.disneystore.co.uk/disney...d2-limited-edition-figurine/mp/80203/1000272/

I'm a little bit disappointed with the "hand" painting on R2D2... I think it could be much better :(
Now I'm afraid to repaint it and lose the authenticity once I picked the serial 444 of 500 (worldwide limited)
What do you guys suggest?

A few pics. 20150722_174256.jpg20150722_174250.jpg20150722_174302.jpg20150722_174315.jpg20150722_174332.jpg20150722_174356.jpg

Sorry to see this. I think it only matters if its an investment piece. If it's your passion, paint it.

On another note, I hope this isn't a sign of the quality control we'll be seeing in the new Disney SW merchandise.

Limited Run? I wouldn't do anything with unless you have no intention of selling. If you're not going to sell it, enjoy it and repaint.

EDIT: After looking at that paint job - I would send it back. That is really below standard. What a shame.

Wow just looked at the close up... What the?!?!

I worked for Disney as a clean-up artist back in the day... with their standards (Even on TV animation) that kind of sloppy crap would NEVER fly...

Are they just distracted with their Marvel and Star Wars movies?

Lol!!!... Hand painted!?!? .... By who!?! a 3 year old with shaky hand syndrome? That's some classic Disney garbage there! Terrible! What a shame ... It's so bad, it's good! Can't take my eyes away. Haha! ... I say keep it! (y)lol

It's a forming failure issue.....nothing to do with the claimed hand painting.

Send it back.

It is a nice piece, don't be too disheartened.....it's not a common occurrence.

Hey guys, thank you all for the comments. I don't know what to say... :cry I did not notice any "freaky" paint on the one on display...

RogueTrooper do you think its a singular occurrence? I did not buy it online... I bought from/in a Disney Store in Dublin (ROI). Should I return and get another one?

Thanks again guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Initially, I was going to say "DON'T TOUCH IT...ITS A COLLECTOR PIECE!" but after seeing how crappy the R2 is painted, I would say that you may be actually increasing its value if you paint it. If you intend on reselling it in the future, then don't repaint it though, but like previous members have said, if it's for you own enjoyment, repaint it to suit you. I can't believe Disney allowed this on a numbered item.

TazMan2000

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back