Dismantling a larbel graflex...

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

7-11 Jedi

Howdy all,

I have a larbel graflex, and I want to replace the crappy resin guts with ones I stole out of a graflex slave. My question is this... How do you take the rabbit ears off? Is it a pin you just tap out, or is it threaded? I just want to know for sure before I ruin it.

Cheers.

Mike

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Darth Detroit

Sr Member
Welp, Ihave taken two Larbel's apart. The pin just slides out with a little persuasive tapping. Ears should be able to pop out at that point. As far as the guts? Might want to be careful. Not all graflex gut will fit into a Larbel, they have a tendency to fit tight.

7-11 Jedi

Sanka you.

I got the guts in okay, they look TREMENDOUSLY better in the saber than the original resin guts, but I haven't decided whether to use the larbel pins or find a new set. The slave didn't have pins.

Cheers.

Mike