Dishonored

kiddo

I dont know if you folks have seen this yet, but my friends recently let me know of a new game coming out by Bethesda (actually, i believe its only being published by bethesda, but whatever) called Dishonored. The trailer's here: Dishonored - Debut Trailer - YouTube It looks like its either going to be a horrible game, or an amazing game. Kinda too soon to tell. It almost seems like a mix between Skyrim and Assassins Creed. But, it has some very cool props that i had to let you know about, in case anyone wants to make some. The mask of the main character is especially cool, and some close ups of it can be found by googling. Anyways, have any of you heard of this game yet, or plan on making props from it?

That does look good. Looks to me like Assassin's Creed meets Final Fantasy. If I end up playing it I'm sure I'll see plenty of props and costumes I'd want.

164962d1335221051-console-games-wallpapers-dishonored_wp_desktop_02_1960x1200.jpg

Thanks for the pic mrtrouble! I actually plan on making this mask, not as a run, but just as an addition to my small but growing collection of props. I think ill start by making a wire frame of the mask formed on a foam manniquin head, and then cover both sides with plaster. I found the perfect thing for the goldish metal strands on the mask, large copper packing staples. I have a few, but does anyone know where i could buy more? Thanks!

I think this wires can be made from thick copper wires. Steampunk is based on this, with steel and things making steam. Copper is good for this but gold wires are good too.I thought about hmm body of the mask. Best way is make (from pepakura model) a skull and cut it exactly mask look like and then add wires, optical things etc. I found one model of a skull but this model is terrible.

Last edited:
ive started working on the sides of the mask and the eye pieces. its not a perfect skull. the left eye is slanted down or in with a more prominent brow, and the cheeks are different. left side is more full.

Very cool. Makes me wish I had the time to play video games! I've had Bioshock sitting on my shelf for years...

I thought Bioshock was totally worth the time investment. Of course, I've had Bioshock 2 sitting on my shelf for quite some time. :facepalm

Any recommendations on how to go about this? I tried pepakura but the only skulls I found are either too difficult or to blocky... I was thinking about vacuuforming a real skull, but I wanted to try a cheaper approach...

This is so tempting but I alread have too many projects and ideas.

I wish there there was some proper HD of the CG trailer. Even the 720p from the official youtube channel is kinda crap :\

I also wish someone will eventually end up offering a nice kit of machined brass parts for this

Honestly this project is pretty easy........ Look at it.... Push all the pieces together.... Its a skull..... No skull is perfect and this one has a good sized hole for the nose..... One looks slanted but only has a layer or two missing and replaced by a different material..... Its Halloween so finding any plastic skull mask that would fit you would work..... Just cut the pieces out.... Remove the color of it if its needed and make a few scratches for wear and tear without breaking it then paint it so it looks close..... Get some good think thread color it brass and thread it up.... For the eye pieces that the fun and probably the hardest part.... You need to get a few lenses or cut glass to make them.... Go to the Dishonored website and click on weapons of revenger. It lets you move the mask with your mouse.... Click and hold the left mouse button and slide it up to open it and down to close it..... It will give you a better view..... Don't forget there is a cloth to block a good amount of fumes on the mask but hey unless you plan on taking on a room full of gas just use a bandanna or a piece of a old useless shirt. Also make sure your nose won't stick out of the middle whole..... I know I can get all that in just two days right now. the building would be hard though. Hope you all read this and make a good one.

If anyone was wondering, the game is incredible as well. It's like Bioshock and Assassins Creed had a baby. ^_^ If you've got the money, I would definitely suggest picking it up if you're interested.

If anyone was wondering, the game is incredible as well. It's like Bioshock and Assassins Creed had a baby. ^_^ If you've got the money, I would definitely suggest picking it up if you're interested.

It is a fantastic game, with gameplay and an art style that is actually different from the other games out there, which is refreshing. Not terribly far into it, but it elicits the same feeling I got playing the opening hour or so of Bioshock. Definitely created their own little world, and I'm loving it.

That being said, I think I'm going to attempt the mask, as it seems like a good project for a new maker (like myself), enough complexity to keep it interesting but simple enough to not deter me from wanting to attempt the build.

I like the idea about the copper packing staples, though I think I'm going to hunt around for a spool of brass wire that may do the trick, as in the image the wires look more round that flat. I'll have to do some thinking about the skull portion and how to best approach that. From the looks of it, I'm thinking I'll be better off making this as a display piece first, and possibly making a second wearable one once I've figured out how it's going to go together.

I thought Bioshock was totally worth the time investment. Of course, I've had Bioshock 2 sitting on my shelf for quite some time. :facepalm

Bioshock totally worth the time, 2 not so much. It's ok, just feels sloppy & re-hashed. Salivating for Infinite, if it ever comes out.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back