Dishonored Overseer mask

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

NickyD

Here’s a new project I’m starting: the mask worn by the Overseers in the game Dishonored.

dishonored-overseer.jpg

I considered doing this as a clay sculpt entirely from scratch. In the end I decided to start with a Pepakura base to give me a starting point for the overall shape. I figured I would pep the easy parts, bondo the surface, then add the details by hand with clay. Well, two weeks later I now have the whole thing done in pep. Including all the maddening little ridges around the eyes. It may have been easier to hand-sculpt those details like I originally planned, but at least I now have something that’s as close to game-accurate as I can get, short of a 3D print. Some of the pep details ended up a little wonky because things are really difficult to glue at that scale, so there’s still a fair amount of cleanup to be done after the bondo.

dishonored-overseer-mask-1.jpg

Once sculpted, I’m planning to mold this and will try to get some metal cold casts.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

NickyD

The newly released Dishonored 2 trailer has me all amped up and motivated to get going on my Overseer mask.

dishonored-overseer-mask-2.jpg

I have a coat of rondo on the inside, and a coat of rondo on the outside which has been sanded down to get most of the unwanted pep folds smoothed out. Now I'm adding a thin layer of Apoxie Sculpt for the angular details. I suspect I'll need a couple rounds of sculpting and sanding to get the smooth texture I want.