Disguise AVENGERS THOR Hammer UPGRADE

Captainjaze

I have already started on the DISGUISE THOR HAMMER that i think everyone can agree, wasn't up to par! So I made a few changes to it to better fit the AVENGERS! This is a mod EVERYONE can do. More pics to come!

Finished:

Last edited:
Re: Disguise AVENGERS THOR Costume Build(WIP)

Looks great mate!!!! Nice display...and looking forward to seeing what you'll do with the Thor outfit after you receive it :)

Wondering how nice the new "theatrical" costumes will look from Disguise. Stock photos always look good, so hopefully these look just as good in person - not bad for a licensed Halloween costume.

Wondering how nice the new "theatrical" costumes will look from Disguise. Stock photos always look good, so hopefully these look just as good in person - not bad for a licensed Halloween costume.

As bad as some people say that these are, They are actually ALOT more accurate that ive seen most try to do themselves. Even if they come out just decent when you receive one, this can still serve as a great base for many of us wanting to do this build. I have an idea for the new coloring of it just for starters, so i photoshopped what it could look like with a few color changes. I will be completely re-doing arms:

And for the HAMMER, its still a WIP, however it is coming along..i sure many are eager to get the EFX THOR HAMMER, But some of us can't wait that long.
So this is a simple alternative in the meantime & is actually quite satisfying in real life! More pictures of How to simply paint your own Disguise THOR HAMMER!

Last edited:
Re: Disguise AVENGERS THOR Elite Costume Build(WIP)

IM is the one costume that is tough for a Halloween costume maker to nail with any level of authenticity IMO

Re: Disguise AVENGERS THOR Elite Costume Build(WIP)

nice hammer I'm doing my own.. did you repaint the original handle? as IMHO the handle was terrible with the one I got but you've done a great job reworking it!

nice hammer I'm doing my own.. did you repaint the original handle? as IMHO the handle was terrible with the one I got but you've done a great job reworking it!

Thanks Chris! Yes, this IS the Original Handle painted with a thick Bronze/Brown, taped off the end of the handle and Chromed it as well as the head of the Hammer itself(Chrome Spray Paint).

Then after several coats of Bronze/Brown Spray Paint, I took a very tiny brush and hand painted in the grooves of the handle Silver(Acrylic paint) , then outlined each groove with a Sharpie, 2 Top Coats of Clear!

The Head of the Hammer is then finished with a light BLACK-WASH and Top Coat as well and then, your DONE!

Super Easy Modification, maybe took me 30 minutes of work and a few hours of drying time! Well worth it!

This Hammer is a GREAT size and will make me look all the more THOR!!

Last edited:
Re: Disguise AVENGERS THOR Hammer Conversion

are you going to add some weight to the hammer head as I thought it was a little too light what is your thoughts on it ?

are you going to add some weight to the hammer head as I thought it was a little too light what is your thoughts on it ?

It was incredibly light at first but with the amount of layers of paint adds a comfortable amount of weight to it without being too heavy.

I wanted to order the EFX Avengers THOR Hammer, but that may take a bit longer than expected.

If someone wanted, they could add a little Foam to it inside the Head of the Hammer as some on the Boards have already done.

Its actually a good mold with a crap paint app. Tweeked correctly, and this Hammer is actually quite impressive for the price and time constraints.:)

yeh thats what i thought it was a reasonable price to modify and make more accurate! I was thinking of using resin on the inside to thicken the hammer walls and then add foam

yeh thats what i thought it was a reasonable price to modify and make more accurate! I was thinking of using resin on the inside to thicken the hammer walls and then add foam

If someone wanted to, they could add more of a rasied resin look to the handle grooves to make it look more Avengers as seen below in the EFX Version: New Chromed Based and a Chromed Tip.
699182756759720ee43db.jpg

With all the talent on these boards im surprised no one is trying this direction...

Last edited:
i'm sorry to be ignorant but what do you mean by sanding down the moulded laces?
I've been searching all over the UK and finally got my hands on one of these!
also, when you repainted the hammer, did you tape of the scroll details and leave as is, or repaint those also?
thanks

You can see the "stitches" in this photo

2012-02-08230959.jpg

They are molded as part of the handle, so for this mod they have to be sanded down

Captainjaze - that is SWEETNESS. I'm in the midst of a similar mod and I gotta' ask - how did you do the raised handle lines on your amended build?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back