Disassemble an MR Kenobi ANH

Serafino should know. He posted about it years ago ...
The saber is built around a threaded rod. The parts are aligned to each other with metal pins here and there.

Why do you want to take it apart? You should be aware that the parts are constructed different to the original parts and therefore to most fan-made replica parts. Mixing and matching MR and fan-made parts could be difficult.

Serafino... That's a name I've not heard in a very long time, a very long time...
I haven't seen him in quite awhile. Always looked forward to his responses in Kenobi ANH saber threads.

This is all I remember from reading about it here years ago.

You start by gently tapping the little pin out of the (clamp) lever, so you can pull the lever straight off.

Then you rotate the lever screw to remove it, and this allows the clamp sidebar to be removed.

Then there are screws that actually hold the clamp together, 2 on either side of the lever screw in the middle. Unscrew those and remove the clamp (obviously the transistors have already been unscrewed).

I think the inside bottom of the emitter is a separate piece that has to be pulled out, but I don't remember. I think after the clamp is off you just grab the pommel and emitter and twist and the saber will unscrew itself.

I have an old pic of one disassembled (printed, not a saved file), and vaguely remember the notes on disassembling it. If I remember correctly, first you have to pop the "ring of holes" out of the emitter, followed by the reflector in the emitter's base. You should then see the hex head of the bolt that holds the saber together. With a nut driver or socket, you should be able to remove the bolt and disassemble the saber.

Serafino should know. He posted about it years ago ...
The saber is built around a threaded rod. The parts are aligned to each other with metal pins here and there.

Why do you want to take it apart? You should be aware that the parts are constructed different to the original parts and therefore to most fan-made replica parts. Mixing and matching MR and fan-made parts could be difficult.

This.
Seriously, why bother? :confused

Mine has a big ding in the pommel.
I had a replacement MR pommel coming from the US but the package arrived empty.
I'm devoed

The package didn't have tape on the sides so some gimp must have pocketed it either at customs or the post office. This would be the last thing that I thought would go missing in the post.

Bumping this in hopes of something definite before I start pulling this apart.
So... pop the emitter rings to get at a hex screw or am I supposed to start disassembling the clamp?
yes, I'm doing all this just to replace the aluminum windvane sleeve. :lol

Bumping this in hopes of something definite before I start pulling this apart.
So... pop the emitter rings to get at a hex screw or am I supposed to start disassembling the clamp?
yes, I'm doing all this just to replace the aluminum windvane sleeve. :lol

For what you're wanting to do I would think you could pull the inner emitter out and leave the clamp alone.

I disassembled a .33 scaled version of that saber, more by accident than on purpose. If you think those are constructed exactly the same way, I can help.

Thanks guys. :thumbsup
James - after perusing your collection, it's no wonder your the go to guy for this saber. The inner ring with holes popped out easily and just when I thought I was screwed looking into the emitter, the inside dish fell out, exposing the hex nut behind. :D This is going to be a much easier job now. Much appreciated.
I'll post pics when I'm done destroying this thing. :p

I also found that the conversion threads on the custom saber store really helped me when disassembling my MR FX's

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back