Dirty Deeds

kruleworld

Dirty Deeds is an Australian movie about mobsters who run a poker machine rort in the 1960s. John Goodman comes in as the 'yank' mobster looking to muscle in on the Australian market.
The boss (played by Byran Brown) drives a nice 68 Holden Brougham sedan. Holden were looking to compete with Ford's upmarket Fairlane, but they had no funds to stretch the Kingswood platform, so they tacked 8 extra inches into the trunk sheet metal and threw in some premium features like dual headlights and a AM radio (ooh, luxury indeed).
There's no model available of the HK Brougham, but a small resin producer Jaymar made a HK Kingswood, the base model car, in a horrible fiberglass and resin transkit. I extended the trunk (8 inches in 1/25 scale is about 8mm). i pulled a chassis from an AMT camaro kit and a six cylinder stovebolt from a 51 chevy kit. I had a dual headlight HK grille from the premium version of the kit.
i042354.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

some wip photos

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back