Director Peter Bogdanovich dead at 81

joberg

Legendary Member
Bogdanovich known for "Paper Moon", "The Last Picture Show" and many more movies, TV shows and acting roles (The Sopranos) died in L.A. January the 6th.:(

RIP

Attachments

• 0CA79051-1EF4-4B10-9A70-2141FCE91876.jpeg
    0CA79051-1EF4-4B10-9A70-2141FCE91876.jpeg
    157.3 KB · Views: 71
Listened to Mark Marons WTF podcast yesterday it was Almost like a history of..Mr Bogdanovich has always been one of those everyman of films I have admired..
His stories are quite unique, he knew a great many people from Corran to Wells

RIP

I like Last Picture Show the most out of his films but I think I respect him more as an historian of the medium more than anything else. His interviews with Welles, Truffaut and others are all great. Heck, the fact he was involved in getting The Other Side of the Wind finished and released is nothing short of a miracle.

Paper Moon is a great movie.
Last Picture Show might be, too, I don't know - I was very young when I saw it and all I remember is sex and nudity.
Oh, and Noises Off is hysterical.
RIP, Mr. Bogdanovich.

I like Last Picture Show the most out of his films but I think I respect him more as an historian of the medium more than anything else. His interviews with Welles, Truffaut and others are all great. Heck, the fact he was involved in getting The Other Side of the Wind finished and released is nothing short of a miracle.
I do need to hunt out his interviews..
I love his anecdotes about Orson and how he ran past quite a few of his ideas past him first.
On telling Mr Wells he wanted to make The Last Picture in B/W but was scared the studio wouldn't let him make it...
Orson replied "Well dear boy have you asked them"..

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back