Dimension 404 - Dusty's They Live T-shirt

snouty

As always I'm just minding my own business watching some cool new show on TV and I see a prop or a piece of costume and I think, oh darn, now I need one of those.

In this case the Dimension 404 episode "Cinethrax" and the item is Uncle Dusty's (Patton Oswalt) THEY LIVE T-shirt. Pretty sure it's custom as I can't find anything on the web. Here it is:

dimension 404 dusty cropped.jpg

Looking at it and scrubbing through the film I'm pretty sure the image is a screen grab from the film at this point, isolating the head in Photoshop.

they live alien snip.PNG

So now I have a little work to do, a fairly trivial piece of masking and monotoning, and I feel it should be a crude halftone too but that's just me. But anyways if you want to join me I've done the leg work so have at it. :)

okay 1) Any ideas on the font? 2) anyone got a higher resolution source?

More when I can apply myself to it. (Frankly I should have been working while I did all that. What's a guy to do?)

cheers

Phil

You see I just can't leave it alone. I knew I wouldn't be able to. It's a curse.

This is 300dpi and the face is made into a halftone.

Note: If you want to knock out the white for printing on RedBubble then do that in Photoshop. You have to do that because else the background prints as a white block. They use white ink, see?

they live alien snip T-shirt.png
You're welcome. :)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back