Dillon and Dutchs Zippo ....

Denixboy

Dillon and Dutchs Zippo ....
can someone send pictures of their Zippo?
Does anyone know the name of the zippo?
What kind of a Zippo?
Can I buy it? WHERE?
Many thanks for your help!

That is actually interesting thanks for the info never even really paid attention to stuff like that, but then again at the time it was not important.

I have to respectfully disagree. The logo on the lighter Dillon is holding appears to be either Airborne Special Operations or Airborne Special Forces. As you mentioned, it is tough to tell, but what you have is the airborne scroll at the top and under it is an arrowhead. The odd thing is, even though Dillon's thumb is covering most of the arrowhead, you should see the tip of a sword at the very least...

In the movie it's hard to see the lighter very well, Dillon's thumb hides most of the item, and the red light doesn't help either

The zippo looks like this one

Found here http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/store/196...0617393783.html

the movie screencap

th_824392467_vlcsnap_2011_07_05_02h06m38s147_122_1113lo.jpg

Last edited:
This is the closest I could find although it is not exact.

special_forces_lighter.jpg

Last edited:
This is the best screencap I could get. I desaturated it and adjusted the constrast to try to bring out more detail, but the arrowhead still looks empty to me. One thing I do see is a dark spot at the bottom, as if there was another straight scroll at the bottom, or maybe that is just the foot of the arrowhead peaking out. Whatever it is, I don't see the Special Forces / Special Operations sword within the arrow at all.

predator_billon_special_forces_lighter.jpg

Last edited:
Wait wait... am I smoking crack and just seeing what I want to see, or is there a hint of a sword tip in the screen cap?

predator_billon_special_forces_lighter2.jpg

Last edited:
Art is puling CSI maneuvers here; I hope you appreciate the effort, lol. Get ready for him to produce a 3D CGI model...
I must say, I am really surprised the film companies don't keep better documentation of costumes, props, etc., if for nothing else, later reference should someone want to do a prequel or sequel...

I dont know, I see no sword but then again hard to tell with all the shadows. But I do think their is another scroll at the bottom.

Zoom and enhance. Now, if you will look carefully in the reflection of the lighter, you will see the helicopter windshield. Zoom and enhance. Now if you look at the reflection in the helicopter's windshield which is in the reflection of the zippo, you will see the Predator's mask. Zoom and enhance. If you look carefully in the reflection in the Predator's eyes which is in the reflection in the helicopter's windshield which is in the reflection of the zippo, you can see the Predator is reading a note from his mom. It says "kevin, bring home milk." Mystery solved. - CSI-ART

Entirely possible. I need to go back and listen to the movie and see if any clues are given... not that the lighter would necessarily match up with the dialogue.

in my mind, Special Operations fit better than Special Forces, but I think in every writeup the group is called a Special Forces group.

I would say what you have there is as good as anything we are likely to find.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back