Different Looks Between Dreadlocks

Montayva13 said:
Plastidip was actually the first thing I had considered, as its whats easiest for me to get my hands on. I guess I will try a few different methods. Although I have latex coming out of my ears, but wasnt sure if that would be a heavier alternative to plastidip... guess it will be a matter of trial and error until i find something that im happy with.
I got a 100 ft roll of 1 inch backer rod online, think it was from Amazon. I then decided to sand them down after finding a much older post here on the lair. So that they taper and gradually get thinner towards the bottom, looks more natural and they seemed to get a bit lighter from sanding. They move a bit better than when they aren't sanded and with beads seem even better. I don't think spray plasti-dip is as good as the brush-able kind, for me it chipped off easier when I sprayed my dreads. Also when you sand the backer rod the plasti-dip bites into the backer rod much easier.

I just sand them by hand, wrapped some rougher sand paper around the backer rod and pulled it through quickly. Mainly focusing on the lower half, and gradually spinning the backer rod as you sand until I got the shape I wanted :)

MEANGENE83 said:
Correct me if I am wrong. But didn't someone state that Bambooie used to work in the foam industry for years? Hence his nice dreds?
Haha. No he never did. He was just an amazing artist. I'm his sister. :) hello!

Joe is an amazing artist, I wish he was still doing dreads. I bought his dread business, and he is genius in design and materials. Dreads are labor intensive, but there is no equal to Bambooie dreads.

seahunterr said:
Joe is an amazing artist, I wish he was still doing dreads. I bought his dread business, and he is genius in design and materials. Dreads are labor intensive, but there is no equal to Bambooie dreads.

Thanks,Gene. He was a very smart, creative, and meticulous artist who researched and tested his products extensively.Glad someone is making his product still. I know he had many fans.
About a year ago I tried to send you an email that Joey had passed away. Not sure if you got it. Keep making his dreads with pride! :)

Thanks,Gene. He was a very smart, creative, and meticulous artist who researched and tested his products extensively.Glad someone is making his product still. I know he had many fans...
About a year ago I tried to send you an email that Joey had passed away. Not sure if you got it. Keep making his dreads with pride! :)

I am so gutted to hear this. A great loss to everyone. Very sad indeed. Very sad.
I had heard that Joe was poorly but that's all I knew.
Cx

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back