Diecast 10" B-9 robot at MIM

sapper36

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
b9robotpe.jpg

http://www.monstersinmotion.com/catalog/pr...roducts_id=8429

Anybody know any more on this piece? If it actually looks like that I'll pass.

Originally posted by sapper36@Apr 2 2006, 10:08 PM
b9robotpe.jpg

http://www.monstersinmotion.com/catalog/pr...roducts_id=8429

Anybody know any more on this piece?  If it actually looks like that I'll pass.
[snapback]1218647[/snapback]​
Actually that's a photo of the old Trendmasters toy, the die-cast is being made by Product Enterprise in England that has been doing all the Gerry Anderson die-cast and very nicely. They just got the Irwin Allen license and are doing the Robot, Spindrift, Seaview, and Flying Sub. Unfortunately I don't think a photo of the actual product is available as of yet but if these are going to be done to the quality of the Gerry Anderson items they will be very nice pieces.

Jim

Originally posted by apollo@Apr 4 2006, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the tip Jim.

Just Pre-ordered my B-9 from them.

Cool Site...
[snapback]1219558[/snapback]​
Your welcome. :D

Jim

THat's better - I hope they get a pic of a real prototype up soon. Leaving this trendmasters dreck out there could kill some sales.

Hmm, the Seaview is only 10 inches long? Shoot, I was hoping for bigger.

-- Tim

P.S. I still have my Flying Sub model from wayyyy back when.

Originally posted by TReinman@Apr 4 2006, 12:52 PM
Hmm, the Seaview is only 10 inches long?  Shoot, I was hoping for bigger.

-- Tim

P.S.  I still have my Flying Sub model from wayyyy back when.
[snapback]1219708[/snapback]​
Ah, the old Aurora/Monogram Flying Sub kit, really a classic and not a bad kit at all.

10 inches does seem small but they do such a nice job on their die-casts that they really end up being gems.

Jim

The all look very nice. I see the item description on the B9 shows torso movement and lights. I hope its not an instance where they have simply acquired the molds from the now defunct Trendmasters. Also, strangely absent is the Jupiter 2. I love the other ships, especially the Flying Sub, but I can't imagine why they wouldn't roll out the most popular Irwin Allen vehicle ever.

Originally posted by Zumdish@Apr 5 2006, 10:45 AM
The all look very nice. I see the item description on the B9 shows torso movement and lights. I hope its not an instance where they have simply acquired the molds from the now defunct Trendmasters.  Also, strangely absent is the Jupiter 2.  I love the other ships, especially the Flying Sub, but I can't imagine why they wouldn't roll out the most popular Irwin Allen vehicle ever.
[snapback]1220319[/snapback]​
The license for a finished replica Jupiter 2 is currently held by another company but they have done little other than release a licensed Jupiter 2 kit and some 12 inch figures so that may have something to do with it at the moment.

Also Polar Lights/Johnny Lightning may still have an active die-cast license even though they are not producing anything at the moment.

Jim

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back