Dieabolics Stone Predator W.I.P Pic HEAVY

Dieabolic

Well, I figure it's about time for me to start posting some of my overall work since my progress has leaped ahead a little faster then I thought it would. First off I want to send out a bunch of thank yous to the following members (details after each name).

Sil3ntHunt3r: Sold me my first predator head, left and right chest armor and backpack.
biohunter76: made my AVP cannon.
Mannowar: crafted an outstanding set of feet, dusters, anklets and shins, hands, center chest, butt flap, shoulder/biceps and neck seal.
bambooie: set of dreads and AVP beads.
Hez: for advice on casting bios and creating the armature I use for sculpting.
Moviescolin: bio armature and spine pad.
pdisc: Original builder of my chest armor and backpack.
?????: Blade and bomb gauntlet.
Ruffkintoy: Original creator of my mask.
deciusx: AVP cannon arm
Mr Fett: AVP and P2 Cod piece with belt

Hear come the pics, I will try to post before and after where I can:

Gauntlets:
Before

gauntlets.jpg

After

001-2.jpg

Head:
Before

003-1.jpg

Currently

002-2.jpg

Chest Armor:
Before

lrchestarmor.jpg

After

003-2.jpg

Cannon:

Before

cannon002.jpg

Weathered

detailcan1.jpg

detailcan2.jpg

Shins, dusters, anklets

Before

legshin.jpg

After

armor004.jpg

armor005.jpg

Backpack:

In process

lsbackpac.jpg

rsofbackp.jpg

backofbp.jpg

Foam added to interior for support

foambp.jpg

Base paint:

001-3.jpg

002-3.jpg

Weathering:

003-3.jpg

004-2.jpg

Feet:

In process, ready for paint

armor003.jpg

Cannon arm:

001-4.jpg

Spine pad:

002-4.jpg

Updated photo of my progress on the feet. Got a pretty cool old leather look using only brown.

feetprogress.jpg

Thats all for now. My current goal is to finish the suit by the Hero's Con in Charlotte at the latest (June 2010) and the earliest would be free comic book day (May 2010). Currently all I need to finish this is the skin (using Mr I suit for first one), neck ring (most likely P1 style), cod piece, thigh armor, center chest armor. The beads/dreads are in process and the hands and shoulders/biceps will be soon. thanks for checking this out.

gauntlets.jpg

001-2.jpg

003-1.jpg

002-2.jpg

lrchestarmor.jpg

003-2.jpg

cannon002.jpg

detailcan1.jpg

detailcan2.jpg

legshin.jpg

armor004.jpg

armor005.jpg

lsbackpac.jpg

rsofbackp.jpg

backofbp.jpg

foambp.jpg

001-3.jpg

002-3.jpg

003-3.jpg

004-2.jpg

armor003.jpg

001-4.jpg

002-4.jpg

feetprogress.jpg

Thanks guys, I really hope to meet my finish date but I will not be rushing this. I am going for an elder look but he's an elder who is still in the hunt, most likely wont do the cape either, I am not sure it will fit with the overall look I want to have. :)

Just a quick update. My bambooie dreads and beads are in and thanks to Manowar(Scott) I will be getting hands and AVP shoulders and biceps. Mr Fett is also shipping my AVP and P2 cod pieces. Hope to be posting more pics in the next few days.

Got the final batch of parts in and man will they help to make the suit stand out. From Manowar(Scott) I received my thigh armor, neck seal, biceps and shoulder armor, center chest armor, butt flap and hands. From Uratz(Mike) I got the seven mini skulls and seven alien tail tips. And from Vinmanmac I received the most excellent skull necklace and bandolier. Her are some pics. When my perma wet arrives I will complete the assemble of the head and post some pics. Till then enjoy.

vinmanmacarmor.jpg

miniskullstails.jpg

prednecband.jpg

prednec.jpg

prednecclose.jpg

Thanks again for looking and I hope to get the skin started this week if my latex shows up.

vinmanmacarmor.jpg

miniskullstails.jpg

prednecband.jpg

prednec.jpg

prednecclose.jpg

I love the bones, they will look damn good against the suit. You've got quality parts to start with so its hard to go wrong, your suit is off to a rocking good start. I love the long tusks on your Pred's mandibles, Looking wicked.

More progress has been made so more pics are in order.

Beads:

beads.jpg

Finished hands:

handsrl.jpg

Close-up of left hand:

lefthand.jpg

Painted Bambooie dreads:

painteddreads.jpg

Sorry if the pics area little off, had to use my phone. I hope to find time this weekend to get the feet done with hidden lifts (approx 5 inches). And maybe I can even get the head finished.

beads.jpg

handsrl.jpg

lefthand.jpg

painteddreads.jpg

Made some great progress tonight. Here are some front and back shots of the head with dreads and beads plus some mini skulls and alien tail tips.

003-4.jpg

002-5.jpg

003-4.jpg

002-5.jpg

The dreads have a nice unique look with the blue paint there. The skills as dread beads is a nice touch but I think the Alien tails on the ends is absolutely wicked! I can't wait to see this finished your really coming along wonderfully with this.

First, thanks for the great compliments I have been getting. Todays update is my lifts for my feet. They will add a little over 5 inches of height and are completely hidden in the feet that Mannowar(Scott) made for me. Thanks again Scott. I will eventually build up the sides slightly to help fill out and hold the shape of the foot. I have walked in these and they give enough flex to be comfortable and they do an excellent job of boosting my 5' 9" height to almost 6'10" when I have the head piece on. They are made from layers of exercise equipment matting that is sold at walmart and a pair of deck shoes for a total cost of about $25 US.

lifts.jpg

lifts.jpg

Awesome job so far and love Mikes skulls and tips Ive got them on my dreads too . If you want to "build up the sides slightly to help fill out and hold the shape of the foot" after you get the foot over the lifts just get a can of Great Stuff from Lowes or Walmart and feel them up. This stuff works awesome to feel in the gaps and to give your feet a nice full look and its flexable too . You may want to add just 2 layers to the bottom of the feet for the sandles and put the rest on the inside. Depending on how you do it if you dont cut the bottom out of the foot you can insert and glue a layer at a time in side of the foot and then finaly the shoe on top. Thats how I did my feet. Every thing looks great. .'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome job so far and love Mikes skulls and tips Ive got them on my dreads too . If you want to "build up the sides slightly to help fill out and hold the shape of the foot" after you get the foot over the lifts just get a can of Great Stuff from Lowes or Walmart and feel them up. This stuff works awesome to feel in the gaps and to give your feet a nice full look and its flexable too . You may want to add just 2 layers to the bottom of the feet for the sandles and put the rest on the inside. Depending on how you do it if you dont cut the bottom out of the foot you can insert and glue a layer at a time in side of the foot and then finaly the shoe on top. Thats how I did my feet. Every thing looks great.

Looks great so far man! How are you going to get the lifted decks shoes into the feet? What kind og adhesive did you use? I ask, because I'm getting ready to start tackling my feet.

c-ya,

Bryan

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back