Die Cast Lighted 1/350th TOS Enterprise (TOMY crowd funded)

This won’t compete with a decent personal build of the styrene kit or the Master Replicas offering. But die cast has it's appeal. Fingers crossed. At the current rate of the first day it will make it past 5000 easily for what it's worth. Many may be hanging back to see if it's got a chance too.

It's already at 258 backers. Thats after one day. This is actually going faster than I thought. Is it sustainable? I don't know, but like I said I truly hope this campaign is a success.

Yeah I don't get that. Anyone know why? is there some licensing issue or something? Seems extra stupid if you're trying to crowd source.
Well, first of all, as a Canadian; we don't have the same variety of products found in the U.S. Population is a factor first and here, the consumer pays twice the price or more for anything coming from the U.S. (or other countries) :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Not surprised by this news:(
As for the size/weight of that baby; you'll have to invest in a sturdy shelve or put it in your home gym to lift weights with it:p

Yeah someone already started a thread…lol. I’m in on it already. 600 bucks for a 32” die cast replica seems like a no brainer to me. Free shipping too. With replicas costing thousands this is a good deal.

Wondering about the hanger door, will there be a closed and open piece to change out? One plus of being diecast, I bet that will help silence motor noises if they are not using stepper motors.

Wondering about the hanger door, will there be a closed and open piece to change out? One plus of being diecast, I bet that will help silence motor noises if they are not using stepper motors.
I heard they will coming out with more additional info so you might get your answers.

Hmmmmm….I don’t remember the Enterprise having the rust of a 21st century oceanic cargo ship…

8B0BB359-9EA6-4F41-814D-5A4578519E2E.jpeg

A616DEB6-1068-4B6E-9A89-A06BF6AFB904.jpeg
2AD9E129-CD83-43E9-ABCE-79E365737CC0.jpeg

And that saucer separation line is both inaccurate and ugly.

For me, I’ll stick with the Polar Lights 350 kit as the better alternative.

Last edited:
Spread the word I guess as many places you think there are expendable income boomer/genx types. LOL
LOL I am at least trying!!! But this whole thing seems like a difficult one to hurdle. They should have included Canada and South America. Just the United States is a tough bill to fill. Europe too but the cost to ship was probably too prohibitive.

Hmmmmm….I don’t remember the Enterprise having the rust of a 21st century oceanic cargo ship…

View attachment 1585756View attachment 1585755View attachment 1585754

The pics are probably not color corrected, so everything probably looks overly exaggerated. Plus this is a prototype so they are probably working out the kinks. Hopefully the saucer separation gap will be rectified, but IMO it isn't so bad.

I still think this could be an awesome piece...though how they are doing this for 600 bucks is beyond me. Most companies would charge easily 1200 or more...EASILY.

Yeah, I was considering it at first but the sight of that 'rusting' was a turnoff. Maybe they'll change it for the final version.
This is a prototype so this is definitely not the finished version. They are supposedly coming out with newer pics. But not sure when those are being released. Hopefully soon. Not many people signing up. Too bad, for the price of 600, this is kind of a steal...but as of now I don't think this is gonna make it's goal.

This is a prototype so this is definitely not the finished version. They are supposedly coming out with newer pics. But not sure when those are being released. Hopefully soon. Not many people signing up. Too bad, for the price of 600, this is kind of a steal...but as of now I don't think this is gonna make it's goal.
I just checked it. "10.26%". It must be that not too many people know about it because I agree that at this price, it would sell well.

I just checked it. "10.26%". It must be that not too many people know about it because I agree that at this price, it would sell well.
Maybe but do you think that the franchise just isn't that popular anymore? There's the MCU, Star Wars, DCU...I mean maybe Star Trek doesn't have the fandom it once used too.

Maybe but do you think that the franchise just isn't that popular anymore? There's the MCU, Star Wars, DCU...I mean maybe Star Trek doesn't have the fandom it once used too.
Oh no. They're definitely out there. The Trek conventions are still going strong :)

Oh no. They're definitely out there. The Trek conventions are still going strong :)
:) Cool that's good to know! Sometimes it seems the fanbase is like shrinking! LOL

Haven't been to a convention in awhile...me thinks that should change...:)

It's good to question details that could be improved if this moves into production. I hope it does.

I don't think this is a replacement for someone who wants to create a super accurate model version, but it might be a nice display piece for people who want that.

At $600, getting a perfect 1/350 representation of the original filming model is unrealistic. Having a nice display versions that may hold up well over time would be a big win for me.

I want to build a Polar lights model too, but I'll need 2 model kits to cover the mistakes I will make, lighting kit, upgrades, equipment, paint, photo etch, etc which is approaching $600 already without all the labor and research. I have much of this stuff sitting in a corner. I'm not a good modeler, so it won't turn out that well and I may never finish it.

This seems like a fantastic option for someone who wants a display piece. I took my son to visit the original model in the Smithsonian many times when we lived in Maryland (prior to the restoration). I'd love to get this to remind me of those visits and how much Star Trek meant to my childhood as well.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back