Didn't see a topic - Bandai's new Trek models

No, it's the standard "refit" from the TMP - no A at the end. The new one has a few "upgrades" - precut wires, blue reflector dish, and no preprinted registry information; it comes with a waterslide sheet of several different ship names.

I'm sure they just used the same molds, but it would be nice if they had fixed a few things. Since the arboretum and officer's lounge windows are still solid, i'm guessing probably not.

I'm really jazzed about the reliant, though.
icon_biggrin.gif

Ah, thanks for the clairfication. How hard are these to assemble? I'm looking to get an Enterprise model and was debating between the Bandai and the Art Asylum.

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
jakob2121 wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
According to HLJ, not only do they have the A coming out next month, but a 1/850 Voyager and a 1/850 Reliant!

</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

I heard about the Voyager, but not the Reliant... images or a link of it?

Not sure what the ETA on the Reliant is. I got a response to an email saying they would be carrying it, and now they have a banner on the site listing it, but no actual product page.

As far as building one goes, it depends on if you want to build it out of the box, or do a few modifications. If you go straight out of the box, be prepared to be extremely frustrated, but it's not complicated. You have to build it exactly as the instructions are laid out, and you have to put everything short of the force of God into some of the pieces to get them together.

If you decide to do mods, all that plus plenty of extra work. Like I said, for all that, it's not a very complicated build, just really interesting the first time.

I didn't have a problem building it straight from the box, but you'r eright I did have to "test fit" and reassemble a few times before I could eliminate all of the light leaks. I think I would do some fit modifications and use glue on the next go round. Most of it fit very nice but the secondary hull seems did kinda suck... I also was annoyed at the prepainted parts trees a bit. No matter how careful I was removing the parts I always would up with a black plastic "spot". It would've been very helpful if they included exactly what paint mix could be used to touch up after build was complete. As it is I mixed up sometihng close by trial and error (I don't have a recipe) that looked passable. Overall I really liked the model though although I think still think that the Blues and grees are too vibrant and that a better choice would have been some off grays. It may have looked perfect on a LARGE studio model but at this scale its a bit much... just my opinion. as far as the art asylum toy. Its pretty cool, and very detailed for a toy but the Bandai kit is a much better "replica", so it depends on what you're doing. If you're palying with it...AA, if your just displaying it Bandai. My 2 cents
icon_wink.gif

Jedi Dade

I used bits of black electrical tape under parts to keep light leaks out on the Enterprise kit, and on the NX-01, I put aluminum foil on top and bottom of the engine light bars with double sided tape to cut the light so it wouldn't show through the engine joints.

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
Jedi Dade wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
No matter how careful I was removing the parts I always would up with a black plastic "spot". It would've been very helpful if they included exactly what paint mix could be used to touch up after build was complete. As it is I mixed up sometihng close by trial and error (I don't have a recipe) that looked passable.
Jedi Dade
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

Try Model Master Camouflage Gray 4766 for the base color on the enterprise 1701 kit. It's pretty darn close. I like the kit it's pretty fun but I don't think I'll buy another. I'd love to sand down some of the seams. Here's a tip on some of the gaps Elmers glue. You can wipe away the excess with a damp cloth or sponge makeup applicator without ruining the finish (dont use a Q-tip the cotten fibers can stick). It might take 2 or 3 applications because it'll shrink a bit and then you just paint right over it.

Pete

No it's not...that's just a pre-order only...it's still slated to be released in December...

Trent

Edit: And that's a ridiculously high priced for that...you can get it for about $20-30 cheaper directly from HLJ.

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back