Did you Disneybound Star Wars Style for Galaxy's Edge or Galactic Starcruiser? If so, post your pictures.

Also had a belated Life Day celebration of my own.

ED337F8A-BAE9-4A85-9A64-4747E9BCADA5.jpeg

Well then I just suck! I think they might have just pulled it all in by the time I was in the marketplace. I do think East gets the short end of the stick though with a lot of the specialty stuff. No Chopper at the droid factory, no Leia Poncho, or greeblie phone case. That is unless I’m just missing it all when I look.

Well then I just suck! I think they might have just pulled it all in by the time I was in the marketplace. I do think East gets the short end of the stick though with a lot of the specialty stuff. No Chopper at the droid factory, no Leia Poncho, or greeblie phone case. That is unless I’m just missing it all when I look.
I found them in the one area that sells all the Black Spire related merchandise. I almost didn’t go in there because the merchandise in there is usually of no interest to me. However, I noticed a lot of the merchants were holding the globes that night so I figured they might be in the one place I didn’t look and bingo.

I’m sure that the east will get those items at some point.

I’m curious if the shops will ever carry the stuff again that’s not available right now
I think in most cases they will. There is a global supply chain crisis right now.

It’s not just the Galaxy’s Edge items. Read this story…

Wow, I didn’t think to check the surrounding stores for their storages.. it’s kind of a positive thing that it’s not just galaxy edge, Fingers crossed they do restock for the new year

For now it is hard to tell what is out of stock and what is discontinued. I do not think the cast members know as I don’t think that is information that they get briefed on.

What I do find encouraging is that the legacy lightsabers that I believe have been discontinued at GE have been repackaged and sold online at the Disney Store. I hope they do more of that. In most cases, they don’t divert Park exclusive items to the website unless they are trying to get rid of old stock or overstock.

For the most part I wouldn't recommend the Disney lightsabers if you want an accurate display piece. They are basically toys. They needed to change dimension on some of them to accommodate a common blade size. Some such as the Graflex style Skywalker, Vader, and Ep 1 Obi Wan required little modification to the dimensions because the shape of the actual props have a big enough diameter. I don't think they were very worried about making the details accurate.

You can find reviews of most of the Disney sabers on Youtube.

In general you can find much better replicas for static display. Are you interested in any certain saber? Some are easier to find good replicas of than others.
Thanks for your advice. To answer your question, I'm mostly interested in original trilogy sabers. I've been buying replica Obi-Wan Kenobi ANH parts here from 2006 to 2019. I have enough parts and spare parts for 1.5 sabers, and I've been slowly weathering everything. I'm extremely happy with the results. Of the parts that I'm keeping, it cost me $425 to build. I thought I would stop at just that one, but while reading the Luke Elstree thread here a few years ago I got bit by the Luke ANH bug, and I've got all the parts I need from Roy, and I'm just waiting for Roman to get his Graflex flashes back in stock. After that, I have my eye on the static Luke ROTJ that Verity Cosplay, BBRogers and Veracity Labs are planning. Eventually, I'll probably build a Vader, but I'm in no hurry and I don't even know yet which style I like most.

This isn't meant as a threadcrap against the Legacy Lightsabers from Galaxy's Edge; I'm only telling you this because you asked. My daughter has a hand-built saber from Savi's Workshop and we plan to get her a pair of Clone Wars Ahsoka Tano sabers when they are back in stock and we can get them.

Thanks Grievous :p

Yeah @Obi1Kenobi…
At least from the RoTJ Hero standpoint what they’ve provided are one-off ‘Park Hero’ saber designs. I would call it “Disney Idealized” (Something they do) because I have NO idea how they came to/ got reference from the original… it’s so unique to its own that it’s value would be based completely as a Disney park collectible but I wouldn’t put it anywhere near the top of my list for accuracy. It’s maybe only slightly better or more accurate than SaberForge’s Prodigal Son with even the Chinese Hero’s in front of it (including recast work). The only one way worse that claims accuracy is the Ultra Sabers Archon V3.1

To compare:
I recall when they began selling the Jack Sparrow accessories at the Caribbean gift shop: the rings, compass, and other items were *pretty* accurate and nicely made enough to make them desirable for costuming, and at a relatively reasonable price. They were just not AS accurate as say (again) what members of the likes of TheRPF were producing.

But I digress…
They are cool licensed, *Disney* collectible hilts that are mostly designed to be ‘close enough’ for nostalgia to hit as an impulse buy at the register when you realize your kid might’ve made their own but YOU could get LUKEs! Or REYs! Or Ashoka’s!!!! Etc…
Thanks for your advice. See my message above regarding your hero ROTJ. "We will watch your career with great interest."

I actually already have my name on the interest list for your Princess Leia saber too. Beautiful saber, but if I could only get one, I'd rather get your Luke ROTJ. I'm still pondering that choice. We'll see.

Thanks for your advice about the Kit Fisto saber, but I'll probably pass. Too bad more characters aren't available with accuracy like that.

Last edited:
I’m headed to Batuu West tomorrow to see if they have any Life Day merch left. If they do I’ll try to grab some extra. Not sure what they’ll have.

Thanks for your advice. To answer your question, I'm mostly interested in original trilogy sabers. I've been buying replica Obi-Wan Kenobi ANH parts here from 2006 to 2019. I have enough parts and spare parts for 1.5 sabers, and I've been slowly weathering everything. I'm extremely happy with the results. Of the parts that I'm keeping, it cost me $425 to build. I thought I would stop at just that one, but while reading the Luke Elstree thread here a few years ago I got bit by the Luke ANH bug, and I've got all the parts I need from Roy, and I'm just waiting for Roman to get his Graflex flashes back in stock. After that, I have my eye on the static Luke ROTJ that Verity Cosplay, BBRogers and Veracity Labs are planning. Eventually, I'll probably build a Vader, but I'm in no hurry and I don't even know yet which style I like most.

This isn't meant as a threadcrap against the Legacy Lightsabers from Galaxy's Edge; I'm only telling you this because you asked. My daughter has a hand-built saber from Savi's Workshop and we plan to get her a pair of Clone Wars Ahsoka Tano sabers when they are back in stock and we can get them.
You have a good start on acquiring many of the parts that would be recommended by many on the RPF. I would also keep an eye on the Project Runs section of the RPF for new runs of sabers. There are a few that are active now.

I would think most on here would agree that these replicas are in a different league than the Galaxy Edge sabers. The Galaxy Edge sabers aren't meant to be in the same league as high end replicas. It's like comparing the Black Series helmets to high end replicas. Some of the Black Series helmets are great for the price, others are way off, but in general they are a good to great value for the money.

I was able to snag a few life day orbs in the park.

I have 3 extra (one already accounted for). To make it easy, just $25 shipped in US. Feel free to message me if interested. I’ll be here a bit longer. Happy to grab more if interest is high. Not sure if/when they’ll restock.

If there are any other items people are looking for, happy to see if I can find those too. It would be just whatever the retail cost is plus tax and shipping.

Last edited:
I heard they may not be restocking the Life Day stuff, so I grabbed a few more orbs on my way out. Also had to get a Life Day ornament, patch, and coffee mug.

Beyond the one for myself and my daughter, I bought 6 extra. I’ve had three people reach out, so I still have 3 available. $25 shipped in US.

Last edited:
I saw the new trailer for the up coming video game…

The drummers reminded me of the drummers I love watching at the Japan area of Epcot. Then I started thinking, that sort of thing is what is missing from Galaxy’s Edge. Instead of just having recognizable characters make appearances, why not have immersive live music and street performers?

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back