Did you Disneybound Star Wars Style for Galaxy's Edge or Galactic Starcruiser? If so, post your pictures.

They don’t care about robes anymore at GE East
Really? Huh, that's interesting. I wonder what changed.

I did see the rules for the Galactic Starcruiser, where they said when you visit Batuu on the planet excursion, park rules apply, including - Full length robes cannot reach or drag on the ground and capes cannot be longer than waist length.

Really? Huh, that's interesting. I wonder what changed.

I did see the rules for the Galactic Starcruiser, where they said when you visit Batuu on the planet excursion, park rules apply, including - Full length robes cannot reach or drag on the ground and capes cannot be longer than waist length.
It might still be situational but I’ve seen plenty of robes on my visits, though I think they adhered too the no dragging on the ground thing, which sounds mostly like a safety issue. I’ve also seen someone in a full on Rebel Pilot get-up with a helmet and everything.

My girlfriend and I booked our trip a few days ago, and I’m thinking of throwing an outfit together. Not too sure she will do the same, but I figured I might as well have fun!

The cantina was of course booked up, so I know we at least won’t be going to that.

My girlfriend and I booked our trip a few days ago, and I’m thinking of throwing an outfit together. Not too sure she will do the same, but I figured I might as well have fun!

The cantina was of course booked up, so I know we at least won’t be going to that.
Keep checking for cancellation. If you still don’t get a reservation, go there when the park opens and see if you can get on the standby list.

Keep checking for cancellation. If you still don’t get a reservation, go there when the park opens and see if you can get on the standby list.
I’ve been checking regularly the last several days, and I’m hoping something opens up! We will definitely hit up the bar to get on the potential standby list as well. Thanks!

Standby list worked awesome, we also had a reservation for the cantina at 9:05 check at 8:30 if there was any room and they put us right in

I panicked about the whole genie plus app and lightning lane.. I bought everything and buy the rise of resistance ride.. and then later learned buying the app really wasn’t necessary

Seems like Disney is pumping up the wait times.. to scare you into buying the app

We timed each ride and was on it in less then the waited time posted..

Smugglers run if you use the lightning lane you can only be a gunner or engineer.. and you skip the entire line that has all the props.. we were completely rush, I couldn’t take photos inside the falcon..

I wouldn’t do it again

Rise of resistance was a 80 min wait.. I would bet we would be on the ride in 40.. we waited for slinky dog with a 70min wait and was on it in 30min..

Just me when we go again I’m not buying the app

Rope drop, run to rise of resistance and get in line, then jump in the falcon ride

That is one of our decisions right now, if we should spend an additional $60 to get the Genie app and skip that line, or if we can get up and get moving early enough and just do that stuff ASAP.

My thought was do exactly like you mentioned, at rope drop, and then walk around the park the rest of the day, and return to Galaxy’s Edge that evening for a reservation to make a lightsaber, right at the end of the day. That way we get the two big things out of the way, we don’t carry around lightsabers all day, and we can go back to the Star Wars area a second time before leaving.

That is one of our decisions right now, if we should spend an additional $60 to get the Genie app and skip that line, or if we can get up and get moving early enough and just do that stuff ASAP.

My thought was do exactly like you mentioned, at rope drop, and then walk around the park the rest of the day, and return to Galaxy’s Edge that evening for a reservation to make a lightsaber, right at the end of the day. That way we get the two big things out of the way, we don’t carry around lightsabers all day, and we can go back to the Star Wars area a second time before leaving.
This was my first time going to Galaxys edge. I didn’t want to miss anything so I was scared. My girlfriend went back in 2019, she was alittle nervous about not having the virtual queue

It really was my decision to do it, but like we said. Realistically there is no reason for it if you run from the rope drop and go right to rise. There is a short cut.. I’ll try and get a map to show you how to get there before the hoard

We also went on a Saturday which some crew members said isn’t as busy as weekdays.. I don’t see how that’s possible but that’s what they said

We went 4 days after the freakn app launched.. none of the staff in the park even knew how it worked I had some random dude see me struggling with the crew member and he came over and showed us. Wicked cool of him

I’m not lying when I say we waited half, or just a few minutes over half the projected wait time

(We WALKED onto rocking roller coaster, Star tours, and mickys train ride)

I was amazed at how empty the gift shop was! Ondar’s shop didn’t have a lot of stuff.. I also went with a shopping list for my friends and I took picture for proof that they didn’t have what they wanted

Didn’t have list
Temple guard mask
Kalikori
Yoda lamp
Sith crystal
Jedi crystal
Blue kyber crystals
White kyber crystals
Boba fett helmet
Boba fett jet pack

(I later learned Disney springs has 2 Star Wars gift shops, if you are going to the springs and they have what you want buy it there!! Hell if they have the Kalikori and don’t mind purchasing it and filling out my shipping info, I’ll pay you to snag it for me)

There was more but I can’t think of it right now

I got a crew member to come out of character and he told me they haven’t had things for months.. and doesn’t know if this stuff is ever coming back

All the Jedi costumes were sold out except for mediums.. they also said they didn’t know when they would be back in stock

I will tell you, we learned this after the fact and would have changed if we knew

But I surprised my girlfriend with savi’s workshop when she went the first time she wasn’t able to do it, and didn’t see the videos online so we went in blind to it

Look at me babble.. get to the point Halliwax!! Anyway.. she picked a red crystal.. if we knew there wasn’t any blue left, we would have picked the blue. Then bought the red crystal in the shop..

Can’t get blue crystals unless you build it in savi’s right now. And they told me it’s been like this for months..

I documented the experience, if you haven’t seen it already, don’t watch it. It is an amazing experience and glad I waited until I saw it first hand, at the end I actually get goosebumps.. I think you can even hear my gasp

I later learned Disney springs has 2 Star Wars gift shops
True but you did not miss much.

One is the outpost which has GE items. When they first opened over a year ago, it was full of many items. However I believe it was set up mainly to sell overstock of items that occurred because the parks were closed. As time has gone one, they have less and less items. Basically, it you did not see it at GE, you are not going to find it at the outpost. I was there last October 2020 and they did not have the Kalikori. I have gone to GE in June of this year and twice this past October and they never had the Kalikori in stock. I did get one in July because a smuggler I know spotted one in Disneyland GE and picked it up for me. I also never saw a lamp. I got mine for a decent price on eBay.

The second Star Wars at Disney Springs is basically all the Star Wars items they removed from Once Upon a Toy so they could make the store smaller. So the other store does not have any GE stuff, maybe some pins but everything else is stuff you might find in a toy store, online, or at the Star Tours gift shop.

I go to Batuu West often, and it seems they have different stuff based on what I’m seeing. However, I think the Kalikori is just no longer sold. They had them in stock all through July and August. I bought one at the very end of August while they still had a lot and when I went back a few days later, they were all gone and a new item were in it’s place. I saw the Yoda lamp and Boba Fett jet pack about a week ago though.

True but you did not miss much.

One is the outpost which has GE items. When they first opened over a year ago, it was full of many items. However I believe it was set up mainly to sell overstock of items that occurred because the parks were closed. As time has gone one, they have less and less items. Basically, it you did not see it at GE, you are not going to find it at the outpost. I was there last October 2020 and they did not have the Kalikori. I have gone to GE in June of this year and twice this past October and they never had the Kalikori in stock. I did get one in July because a smuggler I know spotted one in Disneyland GE and picked it up for me. I also never saw a lamp. I got mine for a decent price on eBay.

The second Star Wars at Disney Springs is basically all the Star Wars items they removed from Once Upon a Toy so they could make the store smaller. So the other store does not have any GE stuff, maybe some pins but everything else is stuff you might find in a toy store, online, or at the Star Tours gift shop.

I go to Batuu West often, and it seems they have different stuff based on what I’m seeing. However, I think the Kalikori is just no longer sold. They had them in stock all through July and August. I bought one at the very end of August while they still had a lot and when I went back a few days later, they were all gone and a new item were in it’s place. I saw the Yoda lamp and Boba Fett jet pack about a week ago though.

It was washing line that they used.
Crap.. praying they restock them..

Speaking of merch no longer sold, I never once saw the Resistance ration kit

I have not ever seen it at the Batuu East since my first trip in June. Still have not seen the X-Wing helmets. In between my June and October visit they appear to have the Rose Tico pendant because they have one on display when before there was not but they have none in stock. I bought the last Padme japor snippet from the rack in June and yet to see it return.

I wish there was a way to know what items are discontinued and what are simply a a victim of the international supply chain crisis. The legacy sabers tend to get discontinued to make way for new ones. But I also know the Dooku was thought discontinued but then recently showed up again in the west. I think the same happened with some of the rag dolls. New ones introduced and some gone. Ahsoka was one of them but with her show on the way, I would think she might have a new popularity.

I am currently waiting on an Emperor cane. I had a smuggler pick one up in the west back in August when they got back in stock. But it got damaged in shipping so I sent it back. She tried to exchange it but they were out again. I am letting her hold on to the funds till it returns.

I know the supply lines have not totally dried up because of the Disney news sites that report new items. For instance, a Leia poncho, GE data pad phone case and other items just appeared in the west. PHOTOS: ‘Return of the Jedi’ Endor Poncho, Datapad Phone Case, and More New Items in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland Park - WDW News Today

I am so glad I went when they first reopened from covid shut down. They were at 25% and with the exception of the Jedi ride, there were no waiting times. My son and I hit the Falcon 4 times and took all kinds of pictures and site seeing. We had a blast. From what I'm seeing now, you're lucky to hit all the rides 1 time in a day

It will never be like that again.

As far as stock, its going to be a long wait. Covid shipping and factory limits are going to milk this for everything its worth.

I have to admit that the Genie+ thing seems completely useless and way overpriced. Then there's also the Lightening Lane, which sometimes costs extra in addition to Genie+, and bleh... So lame. There was nothing wrong with the Fast Pass system, I don't know why Disney got rid of it. Well, I mean, I get why they got rid of it, it's all for the extra money, but still...

But for the record, I used the Lightening Lane for Smuggler's Run (it was a free slot after buying Genie+) and got on as a pilot. Funny enough, the times I've been on that ride I've always been a pilot, would like to try a different role sometime. Heh.

Another thing that wasn't available in Disney World were the Resistance X-wing pilot helmets, none of the stalls had them.

I’ve seen their X-wing helmet stock bounce between Resistance to Red 5 to out of stock and back like a half dozen times.

I’ve yet to use Genie+ or Lightning lanes, but I have effectively flown the Falcon solo when I take my 3 year old because she can’t reach all the controls :lol:

There was nothing wrong with the Fast Pass system, I don't know why Disney got rid of it.

I understand why and I think the Genie+ idea is probably the best option. The old Fast Pass system had a lot of rides sold out on Fast Passes way in advance. Even if you changed the 60 day prior claim of fast passes to the current day, you would basically run into the same problem you had with the Virtual Queues and just selling out in the first minute or less when available.

I gave this some thought this past summer when I was waiting in lines and did not have to worry about whether or not I or other people had reservations. It was kind of refreshing just taking my chances with everyone else in the park. I came to realize that the problem with Fast pass is that everyone has it. Maybe if all rides were equal and the public had an equal interest in all the rides but that is not the case. The vast majority of the crowds want to go to the same few rides. The only way I reasoned was to make such a "reservation system" work is to make it limited to a smaller group of people. The best way to do that is to give it to those who want it the most and the way to determine which people want it the most is to see if they are willing to pay for it.

I think after a while, the Genie+ will be used mainly by park goers who do not get a chance to go to the parks very often and want to try to get the most out of their limited time. That's okay because the less people using the lightning lanes make the standby line go quicker.

I am a new Annual Passholder. My wife and I have talked about whether or not we would purchase any of the Genie+. We pretty much believe that it is not something we need. Since we go often, we do not feel the need to do a lot during our trip. Mainly plan on hitting the key things we want to do. Maybe something different that the times before and then go from there.

Last edited:
i will tell you i liked the app for using it as a map, and seeing all the wait times live right there on your phone then having to take the 10 minute hike to the other side of the part.

i haven't been in so long i forgot where everything was. really miss pizza planet there! i had no idea it moved

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back