Did you Disneybound Star Wars Style for Galaxy's Edge or Galactic Starcruiser? If so, post your pictures.

I’m not entirely sold on the khaki pants, I just color corrected the McQuarrie image slightly and it’s really more of a grey for the pants which is now going to bother me until I get closer to it

If you are going to switch out the pants, I would suggest trying to find something with a different cut. The taper of the leg along with the height of the waist just looks too modern. Not sure if I can explain it, just doesn't look SWU to me. At least not in the context of the look you are going for.

If you are going to switch out the pants, I would suggest trying to find something with a different cut. The taper of the leg along with the height of the waist just looks too modern. Not sure if I can explain it, just doesn't look SWU to me. At least not in the context of the look you are going for.
Yeah the pants are really killing me lol. I’m trying to get in the 70s headspace that they designed all the concepts and OT costumes in, so modern garments can fall short on that front. I think we’ve also seen some creep away from those original design cues with the more modern entries (Mando, RO, ST) and I see the tendency to make garments more “technical” or “liney” for lack of a better term, than they would have been in the past.

Yeah the pants are really killing me lol. I’m trying to get in the 70s headspace that they designed all the concepts and OT costumes in, so modern garments can fall short on that front. I think we’ve also seen some creep away from those original design cues with the more modern entries (Mando, RO, ST) and I see the tendency to make garments more “technical” or “liney” for lack of a better term, than they would have been in the past.

I think you can find just about every design element in some way or the other in canon. So you always say this element matches this and this one matches that.

One thing you might want to consider is something like foreign military surplus. Check this out: Pants | Cargo Pants, Work Pants & More

One of the benefits is since they are military, you have more function over form so it does not rely on fashion forward styles (higher waistbands, various leg cuts). If you select an item that is from a foreign military, then it is not as easily recognizable. Also, some are used so you get that automatic worn looked and at a lower cost. There are also some items there such as civilian service items like riding pants.

As usual, you may have to do some mods to remove and coverup buttons, zippers, etc...

1633377228550.png

I feel like I’m seeing it here

View attachment 1500587
I feel like I’m seeing it here

There is definitely the possibility that due to low resolution the teeth are not showing up but I am just not seeing them. I totally understand why it might be a zipper due to placement but one thing I try to do when it comes to costumes and props is try not to lock into an assumption and stay open to possibilities.

I‘ve seen the zipper on the prop store auction of what they claim was an exhibition piece but that just leads me to so many other doubts and possibilities.

Pull tab inside on her left, zipper insert tip on her right. (black zipper, silver pull)
rogue-one-gallery10_886fd879.jpeg

33801169552_7811e53cdb_o.jpg
Jyn.jpg

The differences between Jyn's and the others is it's a bit shorter, the hem is smaller and doesn't have the belt around it, darts in the front.

Cassian is usually shown from the left and he tends to be wearing the vest over it.
The commandos are zipped up and usually with a vest.
There are a few on the base but the images are dark.

Speaking of vests this one has a zipper also.

0m1oxnt.png

1482161470976_zpstxwbd9e2.jpg

A little late posting this but I got away with this on May 4 at WDW without a problem whatsoever. Definitely not RL approved but the closest I could pull together on the somewhat cheap within a couple of weeks
I'm really surprised they let you wear the robe

I’m seeing with the new system wait times for rise being under 60mins
I was at Batuu East last Saturday and we went on Rise toward the end of the night. We got to the first queue very quickly. They said the wait time was 40 minutes but I am not sure what that means. I feel they mean that it is the point at which you finally get to sit down in the escape transport. If that is the case a 40 minute wait does not seem long because we got to the first queue (Rey briefing) in about 10 minutes and from that point it feels like you are immersed in the ride.

We rode it twice in the summer using the virtual queue and I feel like we did not wait any longer this time around.

Now I should say that Friday was the 50th anniversary of Magic Kingdom so feel a lot of crowds went to MK and also park hopped there after 2:00pm so that may have played a factor in the later evening wait times.

Last edited:
And today it’s 120+. I’m actually kind of glad I was there corn e virtual queue….something I would not have said a couple of weeks ago.

Timing is very much a factor, it’s down to 80 now, but I’ll still take the personal choice of knowingly getting into a 2 hour queue over the lottery virtual queue system.

We did. We go to Disney a lot, so I know comfort is paramount. I found this green robe/tunic on Amazon and paired it with an old pair of cargo pants. It was a little warm to wear in FL in April though. My wife’s out fit was also amazon purchased.

Attachments

• 6E9C777F-3938-4A72-B21E-42B2E6DAE09B.jpeg
    6E9C777F-3938-4A72-B21E-42B2E6DAE09B.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 161
  • 43A15B75-DD41-4E91-968B-26FAA3C7F2AB.jpeg
    43A15B75-DD41-4E91-968B-26FAA3C7F2AB.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 170

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back