Did you Disneybound Star Wars Style for Galaxy's Edge or Galactic Starcruiser? If so, post your pictures.

Mara Jade's Father

Master Member
Hopefully this will act as sort of a guide of what worked... and didn't work for Star Wars Disneybounding at the parks.

PLEASE READ: Please keep this thread on the topic of guests who wore Star Wars themed Disneybound clothing for their Galaxy's Edge visit and direct replies to those posts.

If you have questions about Disney Costuming Rules for the parks, please head over to this existing thread: Cosplay at Star Wars Disney?

There has been a lot of discussion already about what is and what is not acceptable when it comes to Disneybounding. I thought we could use this thread as guide as to what members here were allowed, and even not allowed to wear inside the park.

PLEASE POST YOUR IMAGES OF CLOTHING THAT WAS ALLOWED OR REJECTED AT THE PARKS.

ALSO...

IF YOU MADE ACCESSORIES LIKE DATAPAD PHONE COVERS OR SIMILAR, PLEASE POST WHAT WAS ALLOWED OR CONFISCATED.

Last edited:
More info:

Disney Releases Guidelines on Proper Attire Within Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland Park
June 10, 2019
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge has been open for over a week now and with it has come some confusion regarding proper attire within the land, given that they have repeatedly stated that while robes and such are sold within the land, they are not permitted to be worn by travelers older than 14. To help clarify, they’ve just released the following images to help travelers decipher what can and cannot be worn within the land:

While costumes may not be worn by guests 14 years of age or older, appropriate bounding—dressing in outfits inspired by Star Wars—is permitted. The following guidelines will help you arrive to Batuu in style. Proper footwear must be worn.

Permitted attire includes:

View attachment 1028056
  • Bounding: piecing together traditional clothing items that when worn together, serve as a recognizable tribute to Star Wars characters
  • Batuuan attire: wearing outfits inspired by the villagers of Batuu—muted tones, vests, layers, etc.
Not permitted attire includes:

View attachment 1028057
  • All robes or military-style attire
  • Masks, face paint, elaborate headwear, blasters or holsters (lightsabers are allowed) or hard items such as body armor, helmets or kneepads
  • Full character suits
Please note some of the items sold in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, like robes, cannot be worn inside the land.

I'm intending to do an off-duty Republic/Imperial pilot inspired by a melange of Han (Solo, ANH, ESB) and Luke (ANH celebration). The good old blue pants with bloodstripes, spacer's boots, black placketed shirt, and the Solo suede jacket with Group logo painted on the back. From their guidelines I hope that'll be okay. They're a little vague on nailing down how close is too close. I draw elements from several different costumes, but don't match a specific character and am customizing the most visible element (the jacket).

I think those guide lines have been set in order to avoid visitors being mistaken for Disney tour members which is a good thing, IMO.

Inquisitor Peregrinus : That could work. Remember not to wear a blaster because it is forbidden by the rules.

Soooo - in other words: You can easily identify Disney tour members because they are the ones with the guns..! :p ;)

I am pleasantly surprised that "lightsabers" are allowed! I assume that includes prop lightsabers brought into the park from home?

I'm intending to do an off-duty Republic/Imperial pilot inspired by a melange of Han (Solo, ANH, ESB) and Luke (ANH celebration). The good old blue pants with bloodstripes, spacer's boots, black placketed shirt, and the Solo suede jacket with Group logo painted on the back. From their guidelines I hope that'll be okay. They're a little vague on nailing down how close is too close. I draw elements from several different costumes, but don't match a specific character and am customizing the most visible element (the jacket).

What do you mean by Spacer's boots? Are you talking about something like a casual ankle boot? I'd stay away from a riding boot or jack/tanker boot. Something like that might stand out like a costume. I don't know that for sure, it would just be a concern.

I am pleasantly surprised that "lightsabers" are allowed! I assume that includes prop lightsabers brought into the park from home?

I wonder if there is a rule about keeping the bladed lightsabers in a padded case. I can see as belt hanger hilt only there isn't a problem. But I have to wonder if they insist lightsabers remain in their padded cases within the park for safety reasons. I heard someone on the videos say something about the droids had to remain in their backpacks and boxes while inside the park. I would assume they could easily become a tripping hazard.

I wonder if there is a rule about keeping the bladed lightsabers in a padded case. I can see as belt hanger hilt only there isn't a problem. But I have to wonder if they insist lightsabers remain in their padded cases within the park for safety reasons. I heard someone on the videos say something about the droids had to remain in their backpacks and boxes while inside the park. I would assume they could easily become a tripping hazard.

Yeah, I would imagine they probably don't want people swinging around lightsabers all over the place, haha. I think the droid thing is only temporary though until crowds even out a bit. They were purposefully designed to interact with the land.

What do you mean by Spacer's boots? Are you talking about something like a casual ankle boot? I'd stay away from a riding boot or jack/tanker boot. Something like that might stand out like a costume. I don't know that for sure, it would just be a concern.
That's how Han's boots were described in ANH. So yeah, riding boots. Is there a place i can submit pics before going to lessen the chance I'll get dinged?

I would recommend staying away from the riding boots as well just to be safe. You could go for a black boot with laces-- you don't usually see laces on Star Wars costume boots so that usually helps make something like "less costume-y".

Personally, I'm thinking of making something like an Industrial Automaton mechanic outfit using earth tones. Some simple clothing, like a gray shirt, a tan vest or coat over that, tan or brown cargo pants, a leather belt, a leather pouch to carry my camera and stuff in (probably a fanny pack, just to look less like a costume, but I'm hoping to find a leather one or at least a brown one so that it matches the costume). Brown laced shoes or ankle-high boots of some kind. I'm thinking of putting a cap attached to a hood on the shirt or the vest, just because I love the look of the Smugglers Run cast member costumes, but nothing that too closely resembles their costumes. I'm planning to add a bit of pleating to the legs and vest/jacket back in black, gray/blue-gray and blue, mimicking the Industrial Automaton insignia colors. I'd like to put the Industrial Automaton logo on the back of the vest/jacket but that might look too much like a costume, but I'm not sure...

In the end I might not risk it and just wear some earth tone clothes-- shirt, pants, shoes-- and maybe stick an insignia on the sleeve and call it good.

Here's a few of my crew from opening day:

FdZFKC9.jpg

9NX0ShQ.jpg

ycxR3p6.jpg

@ nickytea: Awesome! Looks like you had a great time.

I was under the impression from youtube videos that the droids from droid factory could roam the park and wheel about... sounds great but once GE goes "no reservations needed" I'd think it'd be too crowded to let them roam about... but that could be my misunderstanding.

Yeah I'm confused about if the lightsabres, especially from Savi's Workshop are allowed to be "open carried" for lack of a better term. I thought you could walk with them out, you'd just be an easier target for the First Order guys to notice... it as part of the lands role play...

My family has a few years out before we go (im hoping nothing changes before we can make it) .. littlest one is only a year old ... gonna wait til he's at least 3.5 to go... but we'd be going to Disneyworld... so whatever i dress in (if a costume) will need to be cool... even going in winter can be hot/humid. I heard Anaheim can be more forgiving temperature/climate wise ... if any one is going to GE in DW any suggestions?

I am headed there in December. I was planning on wearing my Cassian Andor style short jacket, tan shirt, cargo pants and chelsea boots. Should be recognizable but not too costumey. Hopefully they will allow the rank badge and the transponder attached to the jacket.

I was under the impression from youtube videos that the droids from droid factory could roam the park and wheel about...

I was watching a You Tube video last week as they recorded and reviewed the droid building experience. They specifically said they were not allowed to run the droids in the park. They instead went outside the gates in order to record the demo of the droids running around. I'm sure there are a few people taking them out for a short time to take a video or photo but it seems like you are not supposed to be playing with them on the ground i the park.

Yeah I'm confused about if the lightsabres, especially from Savi's Workshop are allowed to be "open carried" for lack of a better term. I thought you could walk with them out, you'd just be an easier target for the First Order guys to notice... it as part of the lands role play...

To be clear, I have not heard any rule regarding this. My remark was pure speculation. Someone mentioned bringing lightsabers into the park (which is allowed). I tend to be a cautious sort so I was concerned if there might be a rule regarding carry method. One of the reasons selfie sticks were banned at the parks was due to guests getting struck by them when used by other guests. So I have to wonder if they are concerned about a bladed lightsaber being carried freely as opposed to slung over a shoulder in a padded bag.

UPDATE: I posted to a gentleman who has been doing GE related Youtube reviews. I went to his Fb page and asked the question about rules for droids and bladed lightsabers.

His answer:
So they don’t have concrete rules in writing for the stuff you mentioned but you are correct. They don’t want people causing tripping hazards and it can become a high traffic area so they will tell you not to drive your Astromech around and that’s why they provide a nice box or a backpack you can purchase. If you want to take your droid out for a quick photo or video clip then no problem. They just don’t want people driving them all over causing problems. Similar case with the lightsabers. They don’t want guests dueling and getting rowdy with them potentially bumping in to other guests so they will ask that you keep the sheathed. But again if you want a quick photo either on your own camera or even the Disney Photopass cast members will let take your photo with you and your lightsaber. But they don’t want to see prolonged use. Basically just be considerate of others walking around this potentially crowded land. But cast members are always courteous and they have subtle ways to suggest you put your stuff away if you are being a nuisance.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back