Did we ever solve the mystery of Luke’s lightsaber return?

It's quite obvious that 'Bespin Ice Cream maker running guy' tripped over at the very moment Lukes hand and saber disappeared and he caught it with said Ice Cream maker.

Either that or the hand and saber were frozen with Walt Disney....

Apparently in the comics, Star Wars (2020) issue #4, the lightsaber was recovered on Bespin by an Ugnaught after Luke gave up looking for the lightsaber.
That could have been "inspired" by a story in the old EU, in which the lightsaber also was found by an Ugnaught working in the trash pile — but with Luke's severed hand still gripping it.

In this story, it was not too long after the duel. Vader visited the lower levels demanding the lightsaber (and hand) but the finder was stupid enough to try to negotiate a price for it. He got Force-choked as payment.
The Emperor later seized the items from Vader and put them in storage. The rest is history.

Last edited:
There was this comic of a mystery person catching it as it fell, (during the battle.) The art style is similar to the one of the Ugnaught finding it, but that already makes their story different. But I can't find any more info from this, so I have no idea.... or what Disney even considers canon at this point. They probably don't even know.

saber.jpg

Look! Rivets!

Sigh, there are a lot of things in SW that change and we don't care... han's blasters, the cockpits of the space ships, etc. I think this being a major hereditary meaningful plot thing it matters to viewers more. I guess we really don't know what happened to it after it fell into the clouds, but I did not expect it to turn out this way

Luke definitely kept his saber, as he had it when he tried to murder his nephew in his sleep right? (I mean, ethically....)

(story wise. Definitely aware it wasn't the V2)

There was this comic of a mystery person catching it as it fell, (during the battle.) The art style is similar to the one of the Ugnaught finding it, but that already makes their story different. But I can't find any more info from this, so I have no idea.... or what Disney even considers canon at this point. They probably don't even know.

View attachment 1589578

Except we now know that on Cloud City multiple Vaders were having duels with their sons trying to get them to join the dark side. All at EXACTLY the same time!

Thanks Disney!

So, now its like Luke was just another colicky Jedi-wannabe with daddy issues. It could have been ANYONE'S light saber that was caught..

Thank goodness the battle of Good vs Evil has been reduced to "I wanna be a Jedi!"

Daddy, "no, you will be a sith."

"JEDI!"

View attachment 1589578

This is not just stupid—this is Disney Star Wars Stupid; which puts it on another level of stupid.

So this “mysterious figure in a bathrobe” was just waiting under the gantry, for a falling lightsaber, like a center fielder waiting to catch a pop-fly??

9099F799-BEC4-4F81-80E8-9BA541D628E4.jpeg

Last edited:
The Galaxy Famous, Cloud City Lightsaber Drop is like the Leonid meteor shower. Expect over 100 lightsabers to just fall outta the sky every hour!

That's my next stop after Jedha Panning for Kyber.

Just like original Trilogy meant for it to be!

The story of Kenobi's lightsaber was originally going to be one of the standalone movies, but when Solo bombed, they redeveloped it into a limited series, Ala The God's must be Crazy where a bunch of Jawas found it and hilarity ensued. They filmed 98% of the footage and Kennedy fired the directors when during test screenings she felt the Jawas bore too much resemblance to an isolated tribe of jellyfish and feared the political backlash. So she hired Ron Howard who filmed more but was also fired over creative differences and replaced with the corpse of Steve Jobs who altered the script to a first person shooter video game. When some parent outreach group objected to it being too violent they scrapped that and used an old Lucas treatment from 1974 to develop it into a 5 issue limited comicbook. At that point Collider review bombed the comic because it conflicted canonically with The Last Jedi. As of now the last known whereabouts of this project are rumored to be narrowed down further into a ComicCon 2025 exclusive Hasbro Black series FX saber with Vaders severed hand replica attached.

Someone from Lucasfilm violated his NDA to tell me this. I hope he doesn't get fired too...

How do we know it fell into the clouds? Luke's hand is chopped off a good minute or more before he drops down the shaft. From the shot of him falling, it is obvious there are numerous exhaust holes (or whatever you want to call them). When Luke stops in the shaft for a moment there is no sign of his lightsaber being there and when he is hanging on the antennae it is not the lightsaber we see falling. Why would there be any inclination that the lightsaber ended up where Luke was?

The story of Kenobi's lightsaber was originally going to be one of the standalone movies, but when Solo bombed, they redeveloped it into a limited series, Ala The God's must be Crazy where a bunch of Jawas found it and hilarity ensued. They filmed 98% of the footage and Kennedy fired the directors when during test screenings she felt the Jawas bore too much resemblance to an isolated tribe of jellyfish and feared the political backlash. So she hired Ron Howard who filmed more but was also fired over creative differences and replaced with the corpse of Steve Jobs who altered the script to a first person shooter video game. When some parent outreach group objected to it being too violent they scrapped that and used an old Lucas treatment from 1974 to develop it into a 5 issue limited comicbook. At that point Collider review bombed the comic because it conflicted canonically with The Last Jedi. As of now the last known whereabouts of this project are rumored to be narrowed down further into a ComicCon 2025 exclusive Hasbro Black series FX saber with Vaders severed hand replica attached.

Someone from Lucasfilm violated his NDA to tell me this. I hope he doesn't get fired too...
50806.gif

How do we know it fell into the clouds? Luke's hand is chopped off a good minute or more before he drops down the shaft. From the shot of him falling, it is obvious there are numerous exhaust holes (or whatever you want to call them). When Luke stops in the shaft for a moment there is no sign of his lightsaber being there and when he is hanging on the antennae it is not the lightsaber we see falling. Why would there be any inclination that the lightsaber ended up where Luke was?
The falling item is his hand and saber. People dispute this, but I will die on this hill.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-21 153120.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-06-21 153120.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 103
I think the ESB novel said it was a piece of the weather vane that broke off when Luke landed on it. And IIRC the vane he is on does have part of it missing compared to the other ones visible.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back