Did the Junkyard view change?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

j97e

My junkyard shows as a topic list, not with an item pic for every sale like it used to.
Is this a new look, or my settings change?
Pic shows my current view:

junkyard.jpg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
When will this be resolved ?

We are working with the coder on a solution now.

The current look is NOT a "new" look. It is the old look, without the enhancements we all love and have become accustomed to. The latest software update broke those enhancements. This should be resolved soon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
So...we cannot list properly in the JY.
We’re still paying premium fees, right?

Come now...

You can list. It just isn't as pretty as it was until we get that fixed. "Prett Junkyard" was never a Premium Member perk That enhancement was (and will be again) enjoyed my Premium members, non-Premium members, and even non-members.

Now... if you are still having trouble listing at all, let's chat.

Upvote 0

Funky

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Come now...

You can list. It just isn't as pretty as it was until we get that fixed. "Prett Junkyard" was never a Premium Member perk That enhancement was (and will be again) enjoyed my Premium members, non-Premium members, and even non-members.

Now... if you are still having trouble listing at all, let's chat.
Dude, this is your fault! You spoiled us!
(btw, is it just me or did the emoji option disappear as well?)

Upvote 0

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
Dude, this is your fault! You spoiled us!
(btw, is it just me or did the emoji option disappear as well?)

I can't exactly argue that. We do try to give you the very best.

In all seriousness, we are working to get this corrected as quickly as possible and appreciate your patience.

When you say emojis what are you referring to? Smilies or the various like icons?

Upvote 0

Funky

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ah. Why did I think there used to be a smiley face at the top and it would drop down the emoji?
Look, I just turned 54...the memory isn’t as sharp as it once was.

Upvote 0

Moviefreak

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ah. Why did I think there used to be a smiley face at the top and it would drop down the emoji?
Look, I just turned 54...the memory isn’t as sharp as it once was.
No, you are absolutely right, it used to be at the top, but the new change moved it into that hidden drop down. So you are still sharp as ever. (y)

Upvote 0
Is it just me or isn't alerts from the followed threads working anymore? If I click the bell symbol on the top I can see that someone has posted to thread I am following but the bell symbol doesn't change its color to red anymore. No email notifications either.

Upvote 0

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
Is it just me or isn't alerts from the followed threads working anymore? If I click the bell symbol on the top I can see that someone has posted to thread I am following but the bell symbol doesn't change its color to red anymore. No email notifications either.

Let me look into that.

Upvote 0

Moviefreak

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Funny how spoiled we have become with the last few updates, lol.

The junkyard is now back to the format we had before a couple of old updates and people are losing their minds on how to function using it. We never had issues using it prior to the updates and now people can’t seem to recall how we did it.

Just a refresher: back then, we didn’t have thumbnails when you opened the JY, you had to open the sales listing to view the images. And as far as pricing, when listing your item for sale, you put the price in your description. Then you instructed people to PM you if interested. Once someone PMd you, then you gave them a shipping quote and your PayPal address to pay you. They pay and you were done. Sure, having the price up top is convenient and the ability to just have people BIN is great, but we didn’t seem to complain about not having those options back prior to the updates.

Spoiled I say! We have become spoiled! :lol:

Upvote 0

Lichtbringer

Master Member
Funny. I prefer this one over the grid.

I can scroll fast through the new offerings, not that stupid going through page after page - which made me loose interest in looking further after the first page.

Upvote 0

TomVDJ

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Maybe I missed it somewhere, but can you actually add a price in a new listing right now, or do you have to add it in the description?

I also have a few active listings and people asked me about my asking price, but I have no clue what it was EXACTLY. Is there a way to see the price until this issue is fixed?

Also waiting for it to be fixed, to be honest. I have a few things I want to list, but I'd rather do it when the junkyard is "repaired". :(

Upvote 0