Did the Imperial Shuttle use X-Wing wings?

MacBeath

Ok... was working on my Deagostini X-Wing earlier, and happened to be next to my kid's Hasbro Imperial Shuttle. I noticed the wings are exactly the same shape... and at these scales, the X-wing pretty much fits inside the edging panel lines of the shuttle.
I've done some searching on here and general Google, but can't find any info - can anyone point me in the direction of someone who's already looked into this?
Thanks!

Attachments

• 20190818_184856.jpg
    20190818_184856.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 493
Thanks - I'd scoured the net anda number of books (Chronicles, Sculpting the Galaxy etc), but couldn't find anything. The shape does seem pretty identical though.

Well, they were made by the same people from the same model shop with the same art directors, so similarities are inevitable. Sometimes the designs of previous models are used as jumping off points for new designs. It keeps the designs looking "in-universe".

When I made the Jedi fighter maquette, I noticed that the drawings showed the overall wedge shape as being similar to the Star Destroyer's. So I made the proportions and angles of the wedge shapes of the fighter match the Star Destroyer. It made sense because the Republic was to become the Empire.
I also was curious to see if anyone would notice. :D

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back