Did I just identify Jayne Cobb's hooded coat?

Sulla

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
First, lemme' say so far I have not seen a reference anywhere that this has been identified. If it has, I am still excited by my find, in that I did it all on my bitty lonesome.

OK, so I was trolling around the on-line surplus stores for an unrelated item while watching my Firefly DVD's. I happened to be watching the episode Jayne's Town, when I opened up a "coats/jackets" link on one surplus site and saw a blob of green with a hood in a little thumbnail photo. I clicked on it and much to my surprise I saw this:
JKT1036.jpg

I think I have identified Jayne's Olive Drab coat from the episode Jayne's Town. It appears to be a German Parka with the removable lining taken out. I did some further searching and have seen it called a "German Army Parka," "A West German Snorkel Parka", and a "German Army (NATO) Cold Weather Parka." I bought one. I will take pix when I get it and post them for closer examination.

Here's the sizes of the genuine coats:

GR 3 160/170 height 100CM Chest
GR 6 170/180 height 95CM Chest
GR 7 170/180 height 100CM Chest
GR 11 180/190 height 95CM Chest
GR 12 180/190 height 100CM Chest
GR 13 180/190 height 105CM Chest

Nice find...I wonder who you're gonna be for halloween. ;)

By the way, did you find any more info regarding Jayne's belt (see my PM to you the other day)?

Originally posted by mtsbspidey@Mar 24 2006, 03:07 PM
hmmm...weird...i've had that jacket for years...never knew it was a hard piece to find....skott
[snapback]1212564[/snapback]​
Actually, it's not hard to find at all. I found it all over the place. there's at least three or four from new to used on ebay right now I think.

Dr Slurpee, About Cobb's gun belt... PM sent...

Originally posted by mtsbspidey@Mar 24 2006, 03:18 PM
sorry for the misinterpret...skott
[snapback]1212571[/snapback]​
Oh, no biggie. :p I just hadn't found anyone on-line that said the coat was anything other that "some kind of M65."

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back