Dictonary :D

predarandy11

Hey guys i was just wondering if i can get someone to translate these items to me :S soory about my noobness

Claymore? They little star thingys what do they do?

Recast? / Cast?

Raw? does that mean like non painted?

Snyder?

DB?

Cleaner Kit?

Thanks for answering guys Randy. Also The celtic bio which predator movie thats from? edited

Hey guys i was just wondering if i can get someone to translate these items to me :S soory about my noobness

Claymore? They little star thingys what do they do?

Recast? / Cast?

Raw? does that mean like non painted?

Snyder?

DB?

Cleaner Kit?

Thanks for answering guys Randy. Also The celtic bio which predator movie thats from? edited

There is a search bar on the top panel allowing you to search for threads giving you answers to this forum and its very easy to use. :eek: I went ahead and did the search for you though and here are your answers

Claymore = The little triangular device used by the Wolf Predator in AVP-R to kill the aliens in the sewer.

Recast = A recast is somewhat frowned upon in the Prop collecting/sculpting community and its most commonly done by taking a piece of work or prop by an artist and casting it up for your own personal needs, benefits and use... but That doesn't make it right though. I've also been told that most recast are found on Ebay so be careful when on there.

Cast = can easily mean a lot of things in the prop collecting universe. A cast is sometimes referred to as the actual product you are buying and mostly referred to as the Actual cast used on the sculpt to get the latex mask... That would be a plaster cast if im not mistaken.

RAW = Yes means unpainted and most of the time it means untrimmed as well. Basically when you read the item is raw t=the seller is saying he hasn't touched it since it came out the mold.

Snyder = I'm almost positive Snyder was labelled a recast and i read a little about him in an older thread but, I never got too far into the thread to find out if that was ever legitimized. I do know he has a wolf costume and he has made a BIG RED costume from Sandy Collara's (sorry if thats mispelled) Batman Vs. Predator: Dead End... Now dont get it confused that he made the actual because he didn't. Only a replica was made.

DB = Daniel Bravo... No longer part of this community but has made some really really sick masks of P1 and P2... His P1 G2 is probably one of the most common predator mask used to this date. Its fairly accurate and it has great quality and shape. I believe he had the most sought after P2 aswell up until Usurper Sculpted his last year.

Cleaner Kit = If you watch Predator and you see the scene where the predator is attending his wounds.. the little box he opens up is his cleaner kit. I'm almost 100% sure Wold used one in AVP-R too. You should Hit up Carlart for any questions and info on the cleaner kit seeing that he is in the middle of sculpting a fully functional backpack apparently along with the medkit to go with it.

Hope this helps and if any senior members see that i messed up on translating the definitions please feel free to correct me where im wrong

Just a little clarification...

...the Medkit is the one that CarlArt is making, it is the one that has all the medical supplies carried by a Predator to heal wounds & stuff like that.

...The Cleaner Kit is the large case carried by Wolf which he stores the Tracking Syringe, disolving liquid & then sets for self to destruct to vaporize the crashed Pred ship

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back