Dick Tracy Movie Two Way Wrist Radio, anyone ever make replicas available?

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by clayslinger, Nov 4, 2011.

1. clayslinger

clayslinger Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I went through the archives and saw lots of projects started and tons of top notch images but none that I could see had ever been finished or made available to collectors.
    If I missed someone, I apologize.

Has anyone made these available?

My niece is trying to hook up her boyfriend with a copy for Christmas.

Thanks guys!!

Chuck...

2. GeneralFROSTY

GeneralFROSTY Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

RPF member Zenix has been developing a REALLY accurate replica though I don't think it will be ready in time for Christmas, but it looks like it will be worth all the time and effort he has put into it when it eventually is finished:
    http://www.therpf.com/f13/dick-tracy-watch-97508/index7.html

3. clayslinger

clayslinger Well-Known Member

Thanks GeneralFrosty!

I'll pass it along.

All the best,
    Chuck...

4. spectre_general

spectre_general Member

Tiiiiime for a necropost!

Did anything ever come of this project? Or failing that, anyone have anything close to an accurate wrist radio out there?

MikeyFraz likes this.
  5. TheSt.LouisKid

TheSt.LouisKid Sr Member

Not the radio but the TV I did years ago.

PIC_2464_zps5c269c3e.jpg

6. LTsmash1200

LTsmash1200 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Bumping an ancient thread because I saw this. Not as screen accurate as it could be, but man would it be cool to have a functioning one...

http://www.dicktracy.watch/

7. Moviefreak

Moviefreak Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

That is member nickjm007 who made the replicas last year in the project runs section. He decided to actually buy the license and make officially licensed versions. They are not screen accurate, but he explained that he had to go through the approvals of the licencor. They have final say and can always drift you away from a completely accurate item. Sad part about it is, this is their license and if you don't go with what they want, they can take their ball and go home. You can argue until you are blue in the face with them, but they have final approval and final say if you can take the item to sale or have to shelve it.

8. LTsmash1200

LTsmash1200 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Oh cool, I didn't know that.

Of course I'd like screen accuracy, but if I can get one that actually functions, I'd definitely forgo the details for one that looked close enough.