Diary of a new Pred /Updated 06/06/2009

froggy

Hi all !

I'm amazed by the so many talents guys here and I would like to thank you all for sharing your knowledge and works !
Thanks to great guys like Lee (usurper) or Joe (bamboiee) for providing me such good items

After being a shadow on this forum for a month now, it is time for me to share my works with the lair !
Obviously, I'm starting from 0 and I'm pretty embarrassed to present my work to people here but I hope my posts will help the beginners like me.
I will post very primary infos, so sorry if it is useless for most of you
I will update as soon as possible this post to avoid multiple posts.
Actually it is a prelimiary work so be patient, more to come o_O

ps : please feel free to leave comments and advices for helping me in this new adventure
ps: feel free to pm me to correct my poor english as it is not my first language !

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updates :

05/27/09 : starting
06/06/09 : found how to make quills

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The beginning

Step 1 : exploring the lair for more than a month (mostly during my work time .... ) Being totally addict to new post and starting believing I'm a pred...

Step 2 : buying some stuff because all I have is ....hummmm... nothing. A couple of nights later :

DSC_000111.JPG

Step 3 : Buying some extra stuff to survive all the working nights

coca_familly.jpg

Step 4 : Telling my wife that working on this project is essential for my brain development and YES I will not paint the living table (of course I was lying)

The Celtic Pred Bio Mask

I put my greedy hands on a resin celtic mask
After cleaning it, I used a badger airbrush and auto-air colors to paint it (autoair colors website) and full catalog
I thought airbrush may be useless but it worst every dollars i spent ! I'm using a Badger 100.

I used a white primer color to layer all the mask.
Then I painted it with two layers of pure black.

Using bolt gun metal paint from warhammer (Boltgun metal paint), i use dry paint method on all the mask.
Using chrome ALCLAD2 lacquers chrome ALCLAD2 lacquers , I painted the eyes. Not sure it is the final result i want but I will considering some improvements.
I recently buyied Eyes mesh Eye Mesh from don-jarr and I will test it very soon ! In progress !!!
Finally i used water based satin varnish to protect the mask

DSC_0172.JPG

celticundercoat.JPG

DSC_0286.JPG

DSC_00031.JPG

celticfront.JPG

celticside.JPG

Work in progress

i'm currently waiting for some laser dot module to start the biomask aiming system

laser.JPG

The Dreads and the beads tale

A big thank you to Joe (Bambooie) for his great job and for the very smooth transaction. You are such a pro !
Received my shipment and it was like Christmas day :rolleyes:
I chose P2 style beads, looking for more "Elder" style.
After getting ride of the major beads flaws, I used some milliput to remove the air bubbles holes.

DSC_0185.JPG

DSC_0187.JPG

DSC_0189.JPG

I sprayed warhammer chaos black undercoat then 2 brush layers of boltgun metal, added some shadow and dirty effects with black ink and then glossy varnish

DSC_0003.JPG

I sprayed warhammer chaos black undercoat then 2 brush layers of warhammer brazen brass, added some shadow and dirty effects with brown wash and some red shadows with chestnut Ink ink and then glossy varnish

DSC_0007.JPG

Aplying the same method, I painted other bids with bolt gun metal and Tin bitz color to add more colors:

DSC_0016%20copy.jpg

As I'm planning to have some more custom preds mask, I started to make my own stuff.
I would like to give a more personnal background to my preds as uratz doing really succesfully.

Using supersculpey and a plastic tube I reproduced a large P2 bead to customised it in differents ways.
They are pretty much the same size that bambooie's beads so they can easily be mixed with the ones I bought him and fit well to my dreads.
Using RTV181 silicone with slow catalyser, i produced 1 part molds to cast my works.
Slow catalyser gives better results and very flexible molds
Using polyurethane resin and black pigment i produced some new beads.

scarbead.JPG

facehuggerbead.JPG

foetalbead.JPG

predbead.JPG

The painted wolf mask (Pete Mander's version)

I bought to greedowan a wolf mask. Fast and Good business.
I'm planning to stuff it and to do apint job on it
By the way the paint original paint job is really good.
Can't wait to finish it !

wolf1.jpg

wolf2.jpg

wolf3.jpg

I tested different ways to build good looking quills : sculpey (good but very fragile, latex but was a wrong way, resin but was heavy and expensive and boring to cast).

I have good luck with air drying foam. Easy to use, easy to mix to obtain infinite colour tones, flexible, and so easy to glue with araldite !

Here is the result :

quills1.JPG

quills2.JPG

quills4.JPG

quills3.JPG

Need 100 quills for the mander wolf mask !

Quills will be shortly available in the buy and sell section (available in any colour you want ! )

The Predator 1 raw mask (Usurper's version)

I bought to Usurper a P1 mask. He is a very guy and so easy to do business with him !
Thanks again Lee !
He cast me a mask in 3 days and the result is perfect.
I'm planning to paint and stuff it
I ordered some createx paints and pros-aide
I'm waiting for this stuff in order to begin painting the mask.

usurper1.jpg

usurper2.jpg

usurper3.jpg

That's all !

DSC_000111.JPG

coca_familly.jpg

DSC_0172.JPG

celticundercoat.JPG

DSC_0286.JPG

DSC_00031.JPG

celticfront.JPG

celticside.JPG

laser.JPG

DSC_0185.JPG

DSC_0187.JPG

DSC_0189.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0016%20copy.jpg

scarbead.JPG

facehuggerbead.JPG

foetalbead.JPG

predbead.JPG

wolf1.jpg

wolf2.jpg

wolf3.jpg

quills1.JPG

quills2.JPG

quills4.JPG

quills3.JPG

usurper1.jpg

usurper2.jpg

usurper3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Update !

06/06/09 : found how to make quills

Over two weeks to make good looking quills. A bunch of neurons dead !

Welcome to the "Homeworld"!
Splendid bead worx, looks great!
If I may, an easier way to do quills though may be to simply purchase
fake plastic palm grass from your local craft outlet then paint the tips black,
a light coat of permawet and cut to desired length. Glue em on with superglue,
worked like a charm for me. Excellent worx though, keep up the good work! :)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back