Diamond Select Shakespeare Bust

PartyRichter

Hi,

I recently picked up the Diamond Select 60s Batman Shakespeare Bust bank, and out of the box it seems he ‘leans’ slightly forward and to the left. It looks like the vinyl of his chest has sagged in storage. I’m wondering, short of going through the hassle of sending it back and risking getting another one that does the same, if there’s a way I can encourage the vinyl back into shape somehow without damaging it?

Suggestions welcome :)

This is a well known problem. I went to my buddy’s toy store a few years ago when these first came out. His order of ten banks arrived while I was there. We opened every one and they were all warped. I would think a heat gun would help.

Ugh - sorry to hear about your buddy's faulty stock. And thanks for the tip...I don't have a heat gun but I've tried holding it over my toaster and gradually convincing it back into a more upright pose. Bit worried I might damage the vinyl so I've been doing it incrementally.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back