Diamond Select Hat Petition.

Bttfhatfanatic

Hello everybody I have been reading this forum but do not post here frequently.
I wanted to say that I think, based on what I've been reading, that we all crave a higher quality, more accurate BTTF 2 cap than the one Diamond Select has released. On Diamond Select's website it links to http://www.artasylum.com/ where you can make suggestions and ask questions about future products. On this website, on the top there is a button that says "Ask DST", which is where you should click to make a suggestion. I think that based on their consumer response, if we send in enough letters telling them that we would like them to produce a more accurate cap,( with lenticular fabric under the bill, and fitted for different sizes) they would be willing to work with us. I think if we approach them through their question box saying that we would like to have them produce more accurate caps at a higher price point, citing the Miraj caps that sell for 100's of dollars now, then they would make the hat we all truly desire. Thanks guys.

does anybody feel the same way? I'm hoping we can get a better hat one day, but in the mean time I've commissioned a custom hat maker in Pennsylvania to try and make me one, I am awaiting fabric shipment now i will post updates and pictures of this project!

Bttfhatfanatic I want a screen accurate hat in the worse way. I won't even waste my money on the Diamond Select hat or Halloween Costumes hat. Hopefully Nike, New Era, or someone here will release a run. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to not update sooner. After purchasing multiple lenticular samples from both sommers and lantor ltd I can firmly say Lantor's was nicer. However I sent the fabric over these few months to 3 custom sewers and none of them were able to work with me. I tried both overseas and in the US. I'm sorry to disappoint but I don't think my custom hat dream will come to fruition any time soon.
I will post any updates I have as I am always working to complete this project!
In the meantime I took a few samples of fabric I had and made a few bracelets/arm bands! Not exactly a replica prop but cool 2015 Future Technology for sure! I used adhesive stick on Velcro, seam binding and I just hand sewed it all together.
Here's a few pictures of the bracelet I'm referring to:
IMG_2596.JPG
IMG_2598.JPG
IMG_2597.JPG

Sorry again for taking so long to follow up this post but our best bet now is to just hope one pops up somewhere online!

Attachments

• IMG_2596.JPG
    IMG_2596.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2597.JPG
    IMG_2597.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2598.JPG
    IMG_2598.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
I'd be down with signing a petition. Until someone makes a sweet accurate replica I'll just stick with my shoddily hand altered diamond version... sigh.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry to not update sooner. After purchasing multiple lenticular samples from both sommers and lantor ltd I can firmly say Lantor's was nicer. However I sent the fabric over these few months to 3 custom sewers and none of them were able to work with me. I tried both overseas and in the US. I'm sorry to disappoint but I don't think my custom hat dream will come to fruition any time soon.
I will post any updates I have as I am always working to complete this project!
In the meantime I took a few samples of fabric I had and made a few bracelets/arm bands! Not exactly a replica prop but cool 2015 Future Technology for sure! I used adhesive stick on Velcro, seam binding and I just hand sewed it all together.
Here's a few pictures of the bracelet I'm referring to:
View attachment 486787
View attachment 486789
View attachment 486788

Sorry again for taking so long to follow up this post but our best bet now is to just hope one pops up somewhere online!

Oh and these are awesome. I'd love to have a jacket or a backpack made of this stuff someday.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back