Diablo 3 releases a week from today. Any RPFers wanna link up on Battle.net?

aeonpulse

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I first played the original Diablo back in 1997, and immediately fell in love with it. Then in 2000, we were given Diablo 2, which was bigger, better, and more bad ass in every way. Next Tuesday, we finally get Diablo 3, and I couldn't be more excited. I absolutely loved the beta, and can't wait to get down on some co-op demon bashing with a handful of friends.

So, who's planning on picking up Diablo 3 next week? Anyone interested in forming an RPF D3 Battle.net group?

This would be akin to asking "Hey who wants to try heroin? I hear it's lots of fun!"

Good luck guys - I'm going to try to hold out as long as I can on this one..... :unsure

No, no, that's World of Warcraft. D3 isn't quite that bad. Damn close, but not quite.. hehe.

I've always looked at the Diablo franchise as being a single-player RPG rather than multiplayer. I do have a friend at work who plays, so we might pair up now and again, but I really think I'll be doing most of it solo.

OH, I SEE, YOU GUYS DON'T WANT TO PLAY WITH ME. FINE. It's elementary school all over again!

But seriously, I had originally planned on playing my first run through solo, like I did with D1 and D2. But I had so much fun with the beta's co-op, I'm going to be jumping in with friends as soon as I pick up the game. The different classes' skills and abilities really play off eachother, better than they ever did in D2. Seeing it in action, I can understand why the game was in development for as long as it was. Well, maybe not entirely, but still, you can tell that a ton of balancing, tweaking, and polishing was put into it.

Also, I'd consider D3 a bit more dangerous than WoW. I played D2 on Battle.net on a pretty regular basis (at least once every other week or so) for a good 7 years. As for Wow, after a few friends continuously hounded me to try it out, I picked the game up, and was bored with it within a month.

I'm so torn on whether to get this or not, I loved Diablo 1 & 2 but I don't know that I have time for D3 given that I barely have time for Old Republic as it is.

I will be getting this, but not for a bit. I spent my money on pre ordering Resident evil Operation Raccon city for PC(Due out next week). So hopefully that will keep me busy for a few weeks till I have D3 Money

I've purchased any game Blizzard has done in the Diablo, Starcraft, and Warcraft series. I even have the Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 2 collectors edition. I dropped the ball though and waited too long to preorder the Diablo 3 collectors so I'm kinda choked. If I can grab it somewhere I will but if not, I might wait to grab it.

Diablo's always been a multiplayer game for me.

I will be getting this, but not for a bit. I spent my money on pre ordering Resident evil Operation Raccon city for PC(Due out next week). So hopefully that will keep me busy for a few weeks till I have D3 Money

Honestly, I'd cancel that pre-order and get your money back. I tried Operation Raccoon City out at a friends house when it releasaed on consoles a few weeks ago, and I absolutely hated it.

Earlier this week, the PC version leaked, and I decided to download it and give it a try, to see if it was any better than the console versions.

It wasn't. The game flat out sucks. It doesn't even feel like a Resident Evil game, it feels more like a standard, rushed, 3rd person shooter, with a squad of characters nobody cares about. On top of that, it suffers from a shallow, paper thin story, several bugs, and the controls are awful.

I'm a huge fan of the RE series, and was really looking forward to O:RC. But damn, what a dissapointment. If you ask me, it definitely isn't worth your hard earned money. It's a rental, or a bargain bin buy at best.

I played DII a lot online until I took some time off and they deleted all my characters. I remember playing with one of my friends and we'd just call each other up to chat while we played. lol I don't have a headset for the computer.

I picked up the collectors edition this morning but of course the power cable on my laptop is pooched so I need to order a new one before I can play Diablo.

Honestly, I'd cancel that pre-order and get your money back. I tried Operation Raccoon City out at a friends house when it releasaed on consoles a few weeks ago, and I absolutely hated it.

Earlier this week, the PC version leaked, and I decided to download it and give it a try, to see if it was any better than the console versions.

It wasn't. The game flat out sucks. It doesn't even feel like a Resident Evil game, it feels more like a standard, rushed, 3rd person shooter, with a squad of characters nobody cares about. On top of that, it suffers from a shallow, paper thin story, several bugs, and the controls are awful.

I'm a huge fan of the RE series, and was really looking forward to O:RC. But damn, what a dissapointment. If you ask me, it definitely isn't worth your hard earned money. It's a rental, or a bargain bin buy at best.

Wow I need to watch Topis I post on more carefully. Pulse let me ask you a question or 2 for a better opinion on the game.
1) Did you like RE5 story and play style(again a 3rd person shooter) if so what would you rate it as from a 1-10?
2)Did you play RE5 on PC and if so what did you think of the controls for that?
3)As far as the story for Operation Raccon city goes did you find it at all interesting compared to RE5?
4)The bugs you are referring to, are they huge bugs, that affect game play or anything?

Either way thanks your opinion on this has made me re think about buying it, and gonna spend 5 bucks and rent it at Blockbuster and try it out on my PS3

I cant believe the US servers went down hard, I only got to play for 30 minutes, now im stuck with a game I cant play, :(

Yeah, I have heard nothing but complaints about technical issues since people started playing. Hopefully blizzard gets that **** smoothed out.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back