Dharma Key

begsby

Hey guys,

Just wanted to report on another excellent item and great experience. Since watching the season finale of Lost a month or so back I've been jonesing for a copy of the hatch self destruct key....... You can only imagine my delight when I found one.

Boy did Darthscifi deliver - great, courteous communication and lightning fast shipping (all the way to Canada no less). Not to mention the key itself - a true work of art and a great addition to my collection.

Pictured below is how I decided to display it. A shadow box frame from Wal-Mart, a few nails, some double-sided tape and voila.

[attachmentid=8859]

<div class='quotetop'>(begsby @ Jul 3 2006, 12:35 AM) [snapback]1272736[/snapback]</div>
Hey guys,

Just wanted to report on another excellent item and great experience. Since watching the season finale of Lost a month or so back I've been jonesing for a copy of the hatch self destruct key....... You can only imagine my delight when I found one.

Boy did Darthscifi deliver - great, courteous communication and lightning fast shipping (all the way to Canada no less). Not to mention the key itself - a true work of art and a great addition to my collection.

Pictured below is how I decided to display it. A shadow box frame from Wal-Mart, a few nails, some double-sided tape and voila.

[attachmentid=8859]
[/b]

Looks great, maybe when I stop playing with my key I will do the same. :)

It's an inexpenisve way to keep it safe and draw attention to something people recognize right away.

<div class='quotetop'>(GDafi @ Jul 3 2006, 03:10 PM) [snapback]1273107[/snapback]</div>
That is excellent, and very nicly displayed. :thumbsup
What size is it?
[/b]

The size of the key or the size of the frame? The key is pretty much key sized - 1:1 when comparing it to screen caps, the display area of the frame is for a 4x6 photo.

this is cool.....my wife is a big fan of the show...she'll love this.
Great job on the shadow box display....where does the double sided tape come in?

<div class='quotetop'>(Theyrenotdolls @ Jul 3 2006, 09:20 PM) [snapback]1273460[/snapback]</div>
Great job on the shadow box display....where does the double sided tape come in?
[/b]

I used the tape to position the chain along the background instead of putting nails everywhere. Since it's black it's pretty much invisible.

<div class='quotetop'>(Theyrenotdolls @ Jul 3 2006, 04:20 PM) [snapback]1273460[/snapback]</div>
[/b]

I expect the double sided tape keeps the key from falling to the bottom of the box.

David

Actually, the key is held in place with a nail through the hole at the top and then another further down to put it at an angle. It's far too heavy for the tape I have and I didn't want to use anything stronger that might not come off if I decide to take it out of the frame.

I ordered mine yesterday. :)

Now, how about a big 'dharma' insignia plaque, like the one that was hanging on one of the walls in the hatch?

Jay

I know this is a LONG dead thread, but I'm intrigued by the missing pictures and the defunct URL link.... :lol Anyone got a picture of the key replica in question in this thread? Anyone know where one could be acquired?

The URL above two posts above mine links to a blank page. Thanks for the link though. :)

Anyone knoew how this one compares with the one offered by CostumeBase on eBay?

Acmeartifacts:
RW191840_edited.JPG

CostumeBase:
P1080562.JPG

I'd say that the Acme one looks like it's got a much nicer finish/material.

I have one of the ones from acme and it's great. And from the picture it looks much nicer than the one from costumebase.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back