DH-17 pistol

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the DH-17 rebel trooper/empire officer pistol in star wars OT?

I know they were started from a sterling....

In A New Hope, the muzzles had something electronic looking plugging them?

It's clear, transparent, with something red?

Thanks for any info!

You're talking about the sight, not muzzle.
Those are SinglePoint scopes and had the red "stick" and clear cap. They was also one on the scout trooper pistols and Chewie's bowcaster.
This is what they look like:
single-point-scope-help-dscf2460.jpg-9248d1225001693

DSC01066.jpg

l.jpg

images

That is very cool, i recognize those! Thank you

Take that back, just watched the scene, and yes, there is nothing in the muzzle, my mistake

Last edited:
The Hasbro toy is a "rough" copy of the MR replica. I remember Lucasfilm telling us that they were giving Hasbro one of our replicas as reference.

And in an interview somewhere, one of the Hasbro reps mentioned that they used it as their pattern.

So it should be pretty accurate if they didn't scale it down...I can't remember...

The blue one was to small - and if they havn´t made new injection molds (ha, sure they have, sure :lol), the new run will be to small, too.

It´s a toy, made for small children - why shouldn´t they make it smaller to offer them more comfortable toys to run around with?

The blue one was to small - and if they havn´t made new injection molds (ha, sure they have, sure :lol), the new run will be to small, too.

It´s a toy, made for small children - why shouldn´t they make it smaller to offer them more comfortable toys to run around with?

This is exactly correct.

I know there's a toy thread already but Those are so ugly, the older ones were much better

I can second that, they were small, I had one back when you could make toy guns realistic colors, mine was grey and silver, with an orange tip, in the 90's

...and I cannot find a picture of it. It was a pretty cool toy, at least it wasn't blue.

That was when the stormtrooper blasters looked like this

http://i.tfcdn.com/img2/6TV8jEoAY5r...nl5yfq4-RETfU9_UsDIzydXHKajcRy-rIB0A/fyVMtP8A

and han's gun was orange and much too large

It wasn't called a DH-17 or a rebel pistol. It came with a luke skywalker belt and toy macrobinoculars. It was some Skywalker acessory kit. Gun? Same thing. :)

If they havn´t resized them, no, then the size is not accurate.

I think it's about an inch and a half short, but most of the dimensions are about right. Excepting a side by side comparison, you really wouldn't notice. I did a repaint on mine and it looks good enough, especially since I bought it second hand for $2. I'm currently rebuilding a second one I aquired into an E-11.

Good enough? Hmmm, each to his own. Without modifications it wouldn´t be good enough for me.

I found this pics of studiocreations:

rftblaster_mr_vs_hasbro_01.jpg

Next to each part needs more or less work.

The Hasbro is apparently about 1 inch shorter than the MR before and after the trigger assembly. (totalling about 2 inches longer).

However... I have heard that the MR DH-17 replica would be about one inch longer than original strunt casts of the ANH DH-17. Can someone confirm?
I wonder also if not the ESB and ROTJ versions are also shorter.

That is a modified Hasbro blaster, not a real Singlepoint ... but you were just testing us to see if we would catch it, right. ;)

Last edited:
However... I have heard that the MR DH-17 replica would be about one inch longer than original strunt casts of the ANH DH-17. Can someone confirm?
I wonder also if not the ESB and ROTJ versions are also shorter.

I would like to know about the ANH version too. Whenever I watch the scene at the beginning, those blasters look a lot smaller than something based on the size of a sterling. To me, those look closer to the size of the current Hasbro toy. Meh... maybe its just me. :confused

I've got one of Moff's excellent resin casts from a screen used stunt and seem to remember it being a bit smaller then my MR which I since sold.

I would like to know about the ANH version too. Whenever I watch the scene at the beginning, those blasters look a lot smaller than something based on the size of a sterling. To me, those look closer to the size of the current Hasbro toy. Meh... maybe its just me. :confused

Over on Partsofsw.com, they have a "decent" shot of the ANH DH-17. They mention that the DH-17 may have been patterned after an experimental Sten replacement, the BSA Model 1949. I don't see any production numbers for that gun, so I doubt any got into the public's hand, let alone the guys at Bapty.

I have a de-milled Sterling L2A3, and just looking at it, there are far too many differences between that and the DH-17. The distance from the trigger/guard to the feed port seems about right, but the distance between the back of the trigger group and the end cap is entirely too short, probably by 2+ inches. That would account for the stubby look, if most people are accustomed to the length of the sterling. The DH-17 is also missing the mounting lugs for the folding stock. Now, on the PoSW site, it shows the opposite side of the gun, and there's no slot for the charging handle, where you would normally see the bolt and return spring.

Since the majority of th DH-17s are background guns, I'd guess they fabricated one or two and made casts, for the rest.

-Fred

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back